Epic is jealous and tries to poison Dream

Epic was a chill skeleton, if he said so himself. He liked memes, pranks, cookies and hanging out with his best friend Cross. Maybe it was a bit weird for your best friend to be an alternate version of yourself. Sue him, he doesn't really care, that kind of stuff is normal for Sanses outside their AUs.

A good example would be Ink and Dream, Classic and Red... And weirdly enough Error and Blue. The thing is, it gets complicated. Epic and Cross were the ultimate bro duo. Keyword were. Ever since the other skeleton started to hang out with Dream, it was weird for Epic to meet with Cross at all!

This would not do.

He was a chill dude, sure, but when you stand between a man and his best bud it was time for war.

It didn't help that Dream's little silly crush on Cross was so hecking obvious! Epic knew Cross wasn't the most observant with that kind of relationship thing, but this was ridiculous.

He had a talk with Cross last week (last week in the Multiverse calendar. Time was weird with AUs having different timelines and resets and stuff) where he was brushed off once again on favour of going to Dream's aid. Whatever, wasn't the other a Guardian? He should be able to protect himself!

Point is, Epic knew where they were going to be. Cross was going with Dream to an AU called Underfallen, a weird rip off of Underfell where monsters were actually nice? Kind of f*cked up, but he wasn't going to judge. The two of them were going to go to a lake on the surface in a picnic or something.

And if his brother's dating rule book was anything to go by, this was almost definitely a date! No sir, nah ah, not if he could stop it.

This called for drastic measures and Epic was more than glad to comply.

He striked an anime pose, just because he could.

乁( •_• )ㄏ乁| ・ 〰 ・ |ㄏ┐( ˘_˘)┌╮(^▽^)╭

Dream was in heaven, or at least it felt like that. He had everything planed out and he needed every last detail for the perfect date.

It wasn't exactly a date? Because Cross didn't know it was one, he was kind of oblivious in that aspect but he loved that of him as well. Even if the other thought he was just there to protect Dream in case it was necessary (it was an Underfell variant after all) he was positive it was going to turn out okay!

Stay positive and hope for the best!

He knew some little things he could have missed, but he was happy nonetheless. He chose this AU because even if it was a negative one in its foundation, It had so much positivity and hope for the future that he felt ready to burst with power. It would fly under his brother's radar too.

The mantle was set, a beautiful pastel yellow that matched his outfit nicely. A basket filled with pie and his homemade chocolate, perfect for a love confession. And Cross loved chocolate, so he was sure it would work. The two of them would take the boat in the lake after their meal for some peaceful time alone and then he would ask Cross out.

Perfect.

He didn't take into account Epic, though. Pity, Dream wouldn't know what hit him until it was too late.

乁( •_• )ㄏ乁| ・ 〰 ・ |ㄏ┐( ˘_˘)┌╮(^▽^)╭

Epic adjusted his binoculars, watching closely that yellow skeleton thing. The dreamtale Sanses weren't even true skeletons, for cookies sake!

He was hanging in a branch of one of the highest trees around upside down. It was time for ninja! He made a Naruto seal to make his hiding more effective.