A Sleepless Night and A Hug

Once she was done with her usual work for the day, Nathalie sat at her desk inside of Gabriel's study and turned on the computer. Now to do the extra work that her boss requested. 

Not that she minded extra work. She didn't have any friends or family so there was nothing else to do anyway. Her job was her whole life. 

She had been working for the Agreste family for years. Originally brought in to help raise and educate Adrien, her role eventually shifted to that of Gabriel's personal assistant. 

And she would do anything for Gabriel Agreste. He was just so commendable. The way he sacrificed for his family... she really admired (and yes, loved) him for it. 

In fact, she loved him so much that she willingly became his accomplice in the terrorization of Paris. With the help of the Peacock Miraculous, she assisted Hawk Moth in his quest to defeat Ladybug and Chat Noir. 

And yes, technically what they were doing was illegal. But it was for a good reason. It was to release Gabriel's wife Emilie from an enchanted sleep. 

So Gabriel wasn't really a bad person. This was just a means to an end. If there was any other way to save his family, he would have done it.

The computer turned on and she got started.

Her work? Finding out everything there is to know about Marinette Dupain-Cheng.

The hours ticked by as Nathalie searched. First she went through public records where she found some basic information like names of family members, birthdates, addresses, etc.

Next she moved on to school records. Schools attended, teachers, classmates... 

Nathalie scrunched up her face. Huh, that was weird.

Around midnight she moved on to Google and social media. Facebook, Twitter and then finally Instagram.

Scrolling through the pictures, Nathalie's heart rate started increasing and she leaned in towards the screen. Scrolling... scrolling... then she stopped on a picture.

"You have got to be kidding me," she whispered to herself. A huge smile appeared on her face as she quickly reached over and turned the printer on.

************************************

Gabriel was woken from his sleep by the sound of his phone ringing. He looked over at the clock.

02:07

Sitting upright and grabbing the phone he pressed a button. "What is it?" he demanded. 

"Sir," Nathalie said, "I need you to come and see something."

"Can't it wait?"

"Trust me Sir, you want to see this."

Gabriel muttered to himself as he disconnected and stood up. He put his robe on over his pajamas and left his room. 

Nathalie was waiting for him at the bottom of the foyer stairs with a folder in her hand. 

"And what is so important that it couldn't wait until the morning?" he asked coldly. 

"Follow me to the dining room," Nathalie said, turning and walking away. 

"The dining room?" he repeated as they walked. 

"We need a lot of space for this."

Once inside she gestured over to his seat. Completely unamused, he sat down.

Nathalie took a piece of paper out of the folder and put it down on the table in front of him. "Here's the information that you asked for Sir. Regarding Marinette Dupain-Cheng."