Feeling of Shivers

Amongst the trees, the eyes of piercing green will follow you. As the darkness forms, hair of black will surround you. When time slips through your fingers, protection will fight and fall in love with you.

Ever wondered what your life would be alone? I have and I feel the coldness. My mother always told me about how her and my father met. The leaves falling to the ground, the crisp breeze touching their skin and the warmth from their hearts after their first kiss. But, I'm not like my parents. I have noticed I love differently than others. I've had two boyfriends and neither of them gave me any type of feeling. I started believing I would never find my one, true love.

I had just graduated high school and dad always told me about how I needed to do something new. Sorry, he'd actually say, "Go out and find an adventure." Its been hard living in their shadow. I am a Snow after all. Snow as the weather and Serenity as the word. Dreading it, my parents decided to send me to their college. Trenton Community College. They met there many years ago. They figured it'd be a great idea. Trip took the whole day to get there. Getting out of the cab, I was engulfed in the crisp breeze Mom described and I liked it. I walk up the marbled staircase and entered the already open, black doorway. I passed students that were running to their classes or dorms.

On the way to the Dean's Office, I had bumped into something hard. I clumsily fall to the floor mumbling, "Seriously?!" Mad, I look up to the culprit and instantly froze in his presence. A blackish silver haired, young man stood in front of me. His piercing greenish blue eyes stared and his captivating smile erupted my heart. His body type wasn't too buff or too skinny. He was average. I was in shock. Me, being a blue eyed, five foot five, average body type, hair that was to my shoulder blades and auburn, didn't feel I belonged with him.

I was interrupted by snapping fingers. "Damn, bout time. Space out much?" Sexy, but rude as hell. "Excuse me?!" He laughed and lent his hand out. "I'm Derric Addams. You are?" I look at his hand and take it. Brushing off my clumsiness, I answer him. "Serenity Snow." I look at him and noticed he did what I did. "As in, Daughter of Blake and Amelia, Serenity?" I answer a sarcastic remark, "The one and only".

He looked down and shook his head. I noticed his whole attire. Solid white t-shirt, black bootcut jeans, black boots, two tattoos. One tattoo is a dragon engulfed in flames and the other is partially covered, but it shows a feather. "You're doing it again." I nervously laugh and try to walk away. "Wait! Will we see each other again?" I stop, turn to him and say, "I don't know. What do my eyes say?"

I watch as a smile forms across his nicely chiseled, scruffy, clean shaven face. "Nicely put, Serenity." He turned and went to where he was headed as I was trying to figure out why I was receiving shivers. Maybe the airs on. I turned and headed to the Dean's office. I knocked on the door and a man opened the door. "Ms. Snow, how was the trip?" "Great. I'm here for my dorm and schedule, please." He smiled and grabbed my responsibilities. He patted me on the back and showed me the way towards the dorms. Sharing isn't my favorite thing in the world, but it is different.

The Dean stopped at the dorms and wished me luck for the season. I knew I had a guy as my roommate, but I was extremely nervous though. And curious. I walked down the hallway and stopped at my dorm. I took a deep breath and opened the door. I walk in and meet a guy bent over with headphones in jamming. I walk up to him and tapped him on the shoulder. The minute he turned and looked at me, I was in for it. "So, we meet again." The same smile, body, and sexy person I met not even twenty minutes earlier. "Dun dun dun dun" I snap my fingers and he gives the look of unsatisfaction. "Out of all my past roommates, you're the first thats ever done that".

I start unloading my things and unravel a poster. Derric notices and helps by holding it up. I would be wrong to say that I didn't recognize that his cologne smelled of woods, rain and crisp air. I could feel him hovering over me and I felt like an ice cube in the heat. "So. You are sarcastic and love Imagine Dragons. What else do I not know about you?" I smile and shake my head. "You got two years to find out, broken angel". After I put the pins in the corners, he slowly backed away.

I smile at him and look at his wall. He loved Dragons and Mythology. I touched a hand drawn picture that related to me. A dragon curled protecting what looked like a human girl. "Explains your dragon tattoo wrapped around your wrist and up your arm". Derric watched me look at his pictures and shrugged out the corner of my eye.

"I can relate to the dragons. Strong, protective, loving and brave. But always made out to be horrible creatures." Sorority guys were walking through the hall and walked past our dorm. A guy stepped in and walked over to me. "Wanna hang out with us, sweetie?" He touched my shoulder and laughed to his friends. "Wanna wear a cast to class tomorrow?" I pushed the guy's hand off my shoulder. He laughed and stepped closer to me. "You can't hurt me, sweetie." I turned to say something, but Derric stood in between us. "She's not your sweetie and she obviously said no, Alex. So back off." Alex, I guess, didn't like that at all. He walked up to Derric and got in his face. "Make me and you'll get a beating to regret."

Derric chuckled and stepped closer to him. "Not in front of the lady, asshole." My heart fluttered and fell to my stomach. Such a gentleman. Alex and his gang walked out of dormitories and to the gym. I just stared in disbelief at what just happened. "Thank you. That was sweet." Derric looked at me and slightly bowed. "Have fun settling in. I have somewhere I need to be." With that he was gone. I am definitely in for it for the next two years.