Apologizes and Past Histories

Last night was great and bad at the same time. I wore a burgundy long sleeve shirt, white skinny jeans and black ankle boots. My hair was in a bun with pieces of my hair falling on the side.

I grabbed my bag and headed for my classes. The first three were boring, yet again, but I had a shadow following me around. "So, sweet thang, you gonna become my new roomie?" I scoffed and turned around to look at Alex. "Leave me alone." I backed away into Derric and I was instantly pissed. "Of course! Look, I don't need a savior, okay! Gah!" I walked away and I felt Derric touch my arm. "Hey. I'm sorry for last night, alright? I shouldn't have hurt you like that."

I gave him an irritated look and shook my head. "You sure she's going to forgive you again after finding out your secret, Derric." I looked at Derric, waiting for an explanation. "Alex, I loved her. But, she didn't want me." Alex shook his head and walked over to him. "Then why did she leave me then?" Alex and Derric stared at each other. I had enough and got between them.

"Serenity, go." "No!" Derric tried to scare me and he was pissed off. "Serenity, please. Just go." "Whose the person and why are you avoiding her!" Derric looked at Alex and I heard the remark. "Can't talk to a murderer." Derric was breathing hard and I put my hand on his chest to try and stop him. "She killed herself! Alright!" Alex got silent and smirked a bit. "Yeah. Keep telling yourself that." I shook my head and looked back at Derric. He had no emotion at all at the moment and I was making it worse. "Please, Derric." Derric looked at me and looked away.

"Derric, let's go and talk about it." Derric looked at my blue eyes and for the first time, since I looked at his eyes, they changed colors. They went from a greenish blue to a dark hazel. "No. Not today." That was when he left me standing there in the hallway.

Alex walked up next to me and glanced over at me. "You have a way to get to him. Just like she did." I looked at his plain, green eyes and he smiled. "I think its the other way around."I said that not knowing that the next comment would hurt as much. "You deserve a real man." Emphasis on the word 'man'.

I followed him to class and stood in front of him. "Thats it. Thats all you have to say!" Derric's eyes were glossy and he stood closer to me. "I'm bad for you, I'll hurt you. Don't you see that. I'm dangerous?!" I stood closer to him. "I love dangerous." Derric scoffed and noticed Alex was watching. "Just leave me alone! Like he said. I'm a murderer." He pushed past me and went into class. Alex walked up to me and manipulated the situation. "I sure hope you make a better decision than she did."

I moved away from him and he stood closer. "Confused? Hurt? Thats how I felt." His finger stroked my arm and he smirked. "Catch you later, sweetie." I looked into the room and Derric was already seated. I walked in and nudged him and coughed like he was awkward. I just continued to my seat and saw a note. I unfolded the paper and read what it said. "She was my first girlfriend, I thought. She was torn between me and Alex. She killed herself one day while I was in town at the diner. She was in our dorm. I thought she loved me, but she wrote a letter before her death. Confessing she loved Alex and that she had to go because of us. I am sorry for us though and I will keep you safe by staying away from you."

I looked over to him and he half smiled.