Community Ball

Derric and I drove to the Community Ball. Derric pulled up to the building behind our parents' cars and parked it. "They have the ballet that take cars to parking." I nodded and watched as Derric went to the passenger side. He opened the passenger side door and helped me out. Once he closed the door, we headed to the entrance behind our parents. We walked through the threshold of the venue. It was gorgeous, all the decorations and food. We came up to the long stairs leading to the ballroom and I started feeling nervous. We continued and found ourselves following others movements. Each time I looked around, people were staring at me. "Why are they staring at me?" Derric chuckled and kissed my cheek. "Cause you're absolutely magnificent, Serenity." I smile and follow Derric to the ballroom.

Bridget and Fred walked up to us. "Alright, you two have fun and enjoy yourselves." Derric kisses his mom's cheek and shakes his dad's hand. "We will." My parents came up and hugged us. "Have fun. THere's a first time for everything." I nearly choked at the remark and Derric noticed. "Thank you. You two have fun as well." We heard a song play and we decided to dance to it.

She's my kind of rain. Like love in a drunken sky. She's confetti fallin' down all night. She sits quietly there. Black water in a jar. Says, "Baby, why you tremblin' like you are?" So I wait and I try. I confess like a child. She's my kind of rain. Like love from a drunken sky. Confetti fallin' down all night. She's my kind of rain.

Derric spins me around and we continue to sway to the song. Our parents are extremely excited to see us dance together and very happy to see us together.

She's the sunset shadows. She's like Rembrandt's light. She's the history thats made at night. She's my lost lost companion. She's my dreaming tree. Together in this brief eternity, summer days, winter snows. She's all things to behold. She's my kind of rain.

Like love from a drunken sky. Confetti fallin' down all night. She's my kind of rain. So, I wait and I try. I confess all my crimes. She's my kind of rain. Like love from a drunken sky. Confetti fallin' down all night. She's my kind of rain. She's my kind of rain. Like love from a drunken sky. Confetti fallin' down all night. She's my kind of rain.

Derric and I slowly stopped dancing. The music slowly faded away and everyone clapped. We went and found a table with our parents. The announcer was thanking everyone for donating money to a helpful cause. Saving the rescued puppies. I looked over at a person that was handing out flyers. Derric respectfully took one and handed it to me. They had pictures of the available puppies ready for adoption.

I saw the most cutest puppy and pointed at it to Derric. "He's the cutest, Derric. We should visit and check them out sometime." He smiled and looked at the rest of the puppies. The announcer told us that dinner was ready to be served and more music played. Our waiter came over to our table and told us the specials. Derric and I raised our heads up to place our order when we both looked disappointed. Alex was our waiter and Derric seemed a bit rude.

Gentleman one day, rude the next. How convienant. "What would you and your date like for dinner?" Derric didn't even answer and he was being a prick. "I would like another waiter please." Alex looked hurt and then looked over at me. "What would you like miss?" "Thank you, Alex. I would like-" Derric scooted his chair out from the table and stood up to face Alex. "Go to another table, you're done here." "Derric, look this is my job, alright. I was assigned to this table before I even knew who would be sitting at it."

Derric's mom stood up and walked over to Derric. "Derric, please. Set aside your indifferences and let the young man order our food. Please!" Bridget's anger must have read through his brain cause he went back to his seat and finished ordering our food for us. As soon as Alex took our orders, Derric tried to act like nothing had happened. "So, love. Did you enjoy-" I scooted my chair out and walked away from the table.

I ran through the threshold of the ballroom and went to the bottom of the stairs. Thank god no one was in there. I stood in the corner and watched Derric stride towards me. "What in the hell are you doing?" "What am I doing?! You aren't even concerned with how you were a few minutes ago!" Derric started getting angry I could feel it. "Serenity, he practially raped you. All of a sudden, you expect me to be nice to him! Why!" I scoff at him and got up close to him. "This is his job, Derric! If his boss sees him fight for any reason, he'd be jobless. He would respect you enough to not sabotage your reputation. So why should it be okay for you?!"

Derric didn't like how I was sticking up for Alex. Regardless of what he did, he was still respectful to us. "You're taking his damn side now! Wow. And I thought you were better than that!" We stopped yelling and looked at each other. Derric gave me a sincere look and I just got tired of it all. "I'm sorry, alright?" I just looked at him and waited for more. "You're right. Regardless of our situation at the college I shouldn't have acted the way I did. But, I was protecting you, Serenity. Alex is good at tricking people." I looked at him walking closer to me and understood it. "I'm sorry too for sticking up for someone who didnt deserve it." We hugged and he kissed me. "Well, good. Can we go and eat now?" I laugh and follow him back to the ballroom.