t w e n t y - s i x

[ɪꜰ ᴀɴyᴏɴᴇ ᴡᴀɴᴛꜱ ᴛᴏ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴏꜰ ʀᴀɪɴ ᴡʜɪʟᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴅɪɴɢ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ, yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ ᴠɪᴅᴇᴏ. ɪᴛꜱ ᴠᴇʀy ʀᴇʟᴀxɪɴɢ.]

Him | Her

“Told you it would rain.”

“I think we've stopped saying ‘hello’ to each other now.”

“*chuckle* I don't find the need to anymore.”

“…”

“It's so peaceful, isn't it?”

"It is. I love the sound of rain."

“And thunderstorms.”

“Dang. You aren't scared of thunderstorms?”

“Why?”

“It means I can't hold you when you're afraid then.”

“Haha..stop flirting Chorizo.”

“No can do Coco. You're irresistible.”

“What has gotten into you?”

“Must be the rain. It makes me feel all romantic.”

“Eww..”

“*laughs*”

“Are you sitting near the window?”

Yes. I wanted to watch it.”

“Me too. I'm lying near the sliding doors to the balcony.”

“You have your own balcony? Man you're lucky. All I get is a small window seat.”

“You can come over anytime.”

“…”

“Too soon?”

"I guess?"

“…”

“It's kind of comforting you know. Talking with you on the phone while we're both watching the rain. Makes me feel somewhat closer to you.”

“…yeah. I get it.”

“….”

“My mum loved the rain.”

“…”

“Tell me about her.”

“She was so beautiful. Prettiest lady in town *chuckle*. Everyone used to love her. Except her own mind it seems. She was depressed you see. And—and then one day she lost her parents and her best friend in a plane crash when they were coming to see her. Sent her mind spiralling. Couldn't control her then. She—she killed herself after a few months. Dad saw it coming you know. She used to be suicidal when he met her. But then they married, had me and it was okay. And then suddenly it wasn't. ”

“…”

“Have you forgiven her Theodore?”

“…”

I didn't for a long time. Dad sent me to therapy. I—I spoke to a few people and finally understood where she was coming from. I still get angry, especially when I miss her but it's somehow okay now. She's finally at peace. That's what matters.”

“I'm proud of you for thinking that Theodore. Losing someone so close to you is so hard especially when they take their life willingly. It's important you forgive them. Not for them but for yourself.”

“…”

“She used to call me Theodore you know.”

“Really?”

“Mhm. That's why I didn't want anyone calling me Theodore. But somehow you calling me that..it's—it's nice.”

“I'm glad.”

“You're the first person you know. You didn't pry, you didn't say the customary ‘sorry’. With you, I know I can speak about my deepest fears and not have being judged.”

“Theodore…”

“Now now..no tears. The sky is pouring them plenty.”

“*chuckle.”

“…”

“Have you ever been kissed in the rain Elsie?”

“….uh no?”

“..have you?”

“No but i'd like to.”

“Why!? Won't it be disgusting. You'll be all wet and sticky and shivering. I don't like it.”

“I've always imagined it like this. The rain will be falling all around us. The thunder claps in the sky. She'll be shivering in the biting cold. I gently pull her closer by the waist to keep her warm. She tilts her head and looks up at me. We can't stop staring. I slowly brush the wet strands sticking to her flushed cheeks and tuck them behind her ear. Smoothening a hand down her back I pull her even closer and lower my face to hers. The little drops of water on her lashes gently roll down her face as she closes her eyes. I close mine too and slowly, softly our lips meet. It flushes us with warmth. You open your eyes and smile. I can't resist and so I kiss those lips once more. You—”

“*takes a shuddering breath*….me?”

“…”

“…I—uh I...”

“….uh it's okay. Probably an honest mistake. Listen it's getting late. I have an early day tomorrow.”

“Uh okay. Talk to you tomorrow.”

“*quietly* ...good night Theodore.”

“*gently*... good night Elsie.”

BEEP.

“It wasn't a mistake Coco.”

"Is it bad I want it to be me?"