t h i r t y - t h r e e

She was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. He stood, watched her come in with a tall guy who must have been Tyler and it was like he could finally breathe. She was here, he was really going to do it. His whole body shook with nerves and if the store wasn't air conditioned, he was sure he would be sweating.

She was wearing a pretty off shoulder sweater with jean shorts, hair pulled up in a messy bun. He wanted to so badly tuck her sunshine blonde hair behind her ear that his fingers tingled.

And now she was standing before him, taking him in, her pretty dark eyes glimmering. He wanted to feel those delicate lashes against his skin, a butterfly touch that would send goosebumps down his arms. When a soft gasp escaped her lips, his body tightened so he wouldn't kiss her in the movie filled aisle.

He was finally going to do it the right way.

“Hello Coco.”

He stretched out the yellow tulips he bought for her towards her.

Her favorite flowers in her favorite colour.

Her lower lip wobbled when she received the flowers, burying her face in it to hide her blush.

“Chorizo? Is it really you?”

He smiled. She was just as beautiful as her voice.

“Yes.”

It was like she was waiting for that one word cause as soon as he said it, she flung her arms around his neck. The flowers smacked him but he paid no mind to it. She was in his arms, she was finally in his arms.

He wrapped his arms around her and felt her tighten her hold on his waist. She buried her face in his neck and he felt a tear slide under his shirt. He didn't say anything, knowing they both needed this moment.

Tyler surreptitiously wiped his eyes and his hands shook as he recorded them from afar.

“Theodore you're here. You're really here! But how—”

“One word. Tyler.”

They both pulled back and grinned. They couldn't stop smiling. She skimmed his smooth jaw with her fingers shyly and he finally tucked her hair behind her ear.

“You're so beautiful Elsie. Just as I imagined you would be.”

Her blush made his day.

“Y—you're very handsome too.”

He smiled with warm cheeks.

They were still in each other's arms. It was as if they couldn't bear to be apart. How could they ever have once upon a time been strangers? They both found themselves moving closer but he wouldn't let him kiss her. Not yet at least.

“I finally have a chance to do this right Coco. I am not in love with you yet but I'd like to know you more in person so that I can be. Because I can see myself loving you one day.”

He looked into her beautiful dark eyes and felt his world tilt right. He took a deep breath.

“Will you go out on a date with me?”

With that she pressed her lips to his.

And their life changed for the better.

Because they finally had each other now.

t h e    e n d