Chapter 4 ~ 'you gotta learn to let go'

Y/n's ~

       As soon as Two and I got home, I went up to my room. I tried not slamming the door but I guess my anger took over a little bit because it slammed close. Soon after I got in, the door opened, closing gently. "Hey baby." Darry said. "Hi." I said softly. "What's wrong, munchkin." He said, using another one of him many nicknames for me. "Everything? Nothing? I don't even know, Dar-Bear." I said quietly. "Listen, babydoll, I know you don't want to but you gotta learn to let go. If your stuck on him forever, you'll never see anyone else that's interested in you. You'll only see him and that's not good for you, baby." He said. I smiled at him, knowing he was right. "Thanks Superman." I said, smiling. "Super what?" He said. I laughed as he picked me up, throwing me over his shoulder as he bought me down stairs. My other two brothers saw what was going on and screamed "CURTIS TICKLE TIME!" All three of them started tickling me, i was out of breath. "IM GONNA PEE!" I yelled. Laughing harder when they pulled away screaming "EW!" Darry sat in his chair, I walked over and sat on his lap. Although me and Ponyboy were twins, all of us were close, pony and Darry a little less. But it's alright. At least we still have each other.

Two-Bits pov ~

       After the Curtis' were done with their weird tickle session with Y/n, Darry asked what we had wanted for dinner. "Can we have tacos, Dar? Pleaseeeee." She asked. "Alright, just for you, baby." He said, ruffling her hair and giving her forehead a kiss. "Anyone wanna come get the stuff with me?" Y/n asked. "I'll go." I said. She smiled and we walked out. "Hey, Y/n?" I asked. "Yes, mickey?" She questioned. "Can I ask you something? It's kinda important." I asked. "Sure." She said. "Would you maybe wanna go out with me? Like, be my girl?" I asked her, feeling nervous. She looked at me, no emotion in her eyes. "Forget it." I mumbled. I started walking faster but she stopped me, pulling me back and kissing me. I kissed back. It felt like heaven. "Mm. So is that a yes?" I asked, chuckling against her lips. She bit her lip. "Yeah." She said, kissing me one more time before grabbing my hand and heading off to the store. Life feels good now.