14 [you're still just a kid]

"So... sports festival," you began to twirl in your seat and watched your vision blur. "It's coming soon, are ya ready?" you asked your second favorite ex-student, Hizashi.

"Yep! Aizawa and I will become the MCs for that day! Though, don't tell him that, I plan it to be a surprise," Hizashi winked and put his index finger on his lips.

"I still remember your sports festival. It was... nice," you wanted to find the right words but going back now, none of it was really remarkable. Especially if one of your students nearly gets killed or humiliated...

"Erm... [m/n]-san, to be honest... I had been meaning to ask you this since you got here."

"Hm?"

"...Why did you come back?"

...

Why did you come back? 

"Why did I come back? Hm, Well, I came back for a lot of things. U.A can't possibly run smoothly without me and then-" you were cut off when Hizashi countered.

"No, no... We all knew you came back for something... something big. Being your student for three years and a friend the following years let me know you have reasons to fuel your life." Hizashi explained. "You taught us most of what we have now; survival, content, and justice... but what about you?" Thousands of years living alone while watching others wither away while you continue standing and holding down the weight they carried.. Hizashi wanted to add, but it was against his will.

"...That is a bit large to swallow, yet since when did I ever swallow so little?" you chuckled. "I suppose..hm, where to start? Yes, I suppose its cause a new era is coming,"

"A new era?"

"Yes, a new era of new heroes..."

---

"H-Hello!"

Darnit, why the fuck are you here? You blanched at the face of Izuku Midoriya who fiddled in his seat while avoiding eye contact. Your stare made it difficult for him to be at ease. 

"...Hey," you responded with a slight nod. "I never did get your name," Lies.

"A-Ah! I'm Izuku Midoriya... from Class 1-A, I heard you were a new transferee so I came here to make sure if you're okay," he scratched his nape.

You blanched yet again and continued to stare dead straight at his figure. "I'm... Kiko [m/n]...but call me Kiko. Thank you for seeing me my new classmate," play it cool, this is your former student's new student, showing such a scowl in front of this bean might not be the best first impression you could give.

"....."

"Uh-"

"Y-You're quirk-!" Izuku then clasped his mouth when he shouted his hidden motive here. You rose a brow and looked at him in wariness. 

"My quirk? What about it?"

You watch Izuku stumble and stutter over his words, explaining how he caught-- no, how he saw you use your quirk in order to save one of his classmates. You could see from his eyes, how it sparkled while storytelling, that he was in awe of you.

"Well kid, I can't really tell you. Sorry," your reply was so dry.

Call yourself stubborn or whatever, but your impression of this boy was half good and half bad. You were confused why Yagi would pick this boy when there were better options...like that guy from 3rd year with a quirk that could make him almost untouchable...literally.

"O-oh...uhm, Okay." Izuku meekly nodded. "I do hope you get better and recover soon, the sports festival is said to be coming and all heroes are watching!" from somber to excitement real quick.

"Hey, Izuku," you said.

"H-Huh? Yes?"

"...What do you think of All Might..." you asked, but then when you saw that child's expression brightened you realized you should've just kept your mouth shut.

"W-Well! All Might is a hero I've looked up since I was a kid....and he really helped me get through everything e-even though I was quirkless- ah..." Izuku had to shut up his mouth once again.

"Quirkless? But you have a quirk, I saw you use it before back at the USJ." Is this really your protege, Yagi? This kid looks like he can cry even when you give him something happy...

"Ah.. that- I thought I was quirkless but the doctor said it might've been just me being a late bloomer... eventually I gained my quirk and enrolled here to follow All Might's footsteps..."

"Kid," you sighed.

"When you grow up, you'll learn it's not all about following people and following their path. It's more likely you should choose to carve your own path and make your own history," you said. "When you said you want to follow All Might's footstep, do you think you have the skills?" you shot him with the truth.

"I-"

"Look, with how you are right now, I doubt you'll be following him anytime soon... It's better you take it slow and give it your all for the world to see. Choosing to follow or even copy someone might not get you the recognition you want, and so it's better to lay low and just focus on your own path."

"...Why do you say that, Kiko-san?"

"...Because you're just a kid after all..."

--

[not me making this when I still need to do 8 projects to be past the next day-]