1 [teacher, teacher]

"Everyday people do

Everyday things but I

Can't be one of them

I know you hear me now

We are a different kind

We can do anything" - Heroes (We could be), Alesso

-

The time you awoke was late at night. Your eyes dull and body sweaty from the ongoing nightmares you keep on having. Your heartbeat was going pretty fast, mostly because of what you just saw (something you didn't want to remember).

You couldn't sleep back so you decided to go downstairs into the kitchen to make tea, something your old student seemed to always want.

Speaking of 'student'. Here he comes, walking down the stairs with his nightly pajamas and cute furry paws rubbing on his eyes tiredly. "M/N-san, why are you awake at such an hour?" Nezu asked, opting to sit on one of the many chairs that were vacant. "All the ruckus you made had me awaken, you know how much I'm a light sleeper, M/N-san," Nezu chuckled.

You laughed softly and put back the jar into one of the drawers, waiting for the water to boil. "Sorry, Nezu-kun. It's just that I have one of those again, y'know." You sighed.

Nezu tilted his head a little, "I see, then may I join you on a cup of tea?" he piped, making you smile softly. You ruffled your messy hair and nodded, "Sure, let me just get another cup."

You didn't know at that time that having Nezu was one of the best things you've had in your current 30 years of living. Having a genius in your care after what they had done to him, you might as well admit you were getting soft around them.

-

"M/N-san! Look! I finally tamed my flames, see?" an excited Todoroki bounced happily at your dorm with fire dancing on his body. At first, you panicked, sensing that he could've burned himself but then seeing how he's doing fine, you visibly relaxed.

You scratched your head and laughed a little, patting Todoroki's head softly. 'Yes, yes, Enji-kun, those are some pretty flames showing out there," you gushed, not noticing how his ego got boosted big time.

"After this, I'll surely become the number one hero!" he chimed. You softly looked at Enji, mentally praising him for his dedication. You just hoped this wouldn't get to him big time.

You saw what happened to yourself when you did it, and you're not sure how he'll take it if he fails. For now, all you could do was guide him in the right direction.

"And I'll become your first and number one fan, yeah? So make sure not to forget about me, 'kay?" you ruffled his hair making him whine. He looked at you with fire in his eyes, and he puffed his chest.

"Of course I won't! You're the one who taught me what it means to be a hero after all!"

-

"Yagi-kun, are you holding out okay? I know to hold out One for All is tiring but we need to make sure the holder itself is fine," you crouched beside a tired Toshinori. He was panting for air, too tired to continue training for the day. He wanted to die.

"How about we stop it here for today, I'll tell Nana-san to make you rest for a while, you still can't handle One for All properly," you sighed. "I mean, your boned are breaking and you always managed to damage yourself, if it wasn't for Chiyo-san I-" You stopped yourself for scolding him furthermore, seeing how his shoulder slumped.

You awkwardly patted his back, ". . . Just take it easy right now. I don't wanna see you hurt yourself any further," you mumbled, but Yagi clearly head that and visibly brightened, his smile turning to a grin. "It's okay M/N-san! being a hero means giving it your all! As U.A. says, "Go Beyond, Plus Ultra!" after all,"

You swore your heart hurt from Yagi's sweetness, assuming you had diabetes from all the cuteness you've been getting from all these high schoolers.

You mirrored his grin then ruffled his soft blond hair, "yeah, you're right Yagi-kun."

"Go beyond, plus ultra after all. . ."

-

Your life was never out of the ordinary, you've convinced yourself that the kids were the best thing that could've happen in your life. With them constantly making keys of the same function, they've always managed to unlock the inside of your heart and always tugged it with their presence.

"God, it seemed like I'm getting too close over and over again," your mind wandered back to your past memories. All those laughs and sadness, those times you bonded as a family and time where you had to survive, how was this any different?

"Being a hero," you sighed and looked at the ceiling of your bedroom, painted and made out as space, it was surely making you think you were in space as reality. "It takes, courage, loyalty, determination as well. . ."

"How many times have I ever thought of that? Maybe too much for my own age."

---