Chapter 23 - A New Chapter

Today was the day the college was giving out the results of the exams. Seulgi had no pressure to have the first rank this time , but nevertheless , she had studied hard for these exams ,  she was still aiming for the first rank. Her father and her got along very well, even though her father was mostly at work , he made enough time to spend with Seulgi.

Taeyong had also studied hard, he wanted to get a scholarship to do his further studies , he wanted to become a lawyer , and he had to get a master's degree to do so , and he wanted to pay for it by himself , not wanting to burden Doyoung's parents. He would get a scholarship if he placed first rank. He sure had studied hard , but he doesn't know if it was enough.

The results finally came out today. Both Seulgi and Taeyong wanted the first rank. Seulgi knew Taeyong needed it more , she secretly wished he got it. She wanted him to be successful, she could settle with a second rank , how she had done her whole life.
"Taeyong you deserve it.....I really want you to get it...." Seulgi said , hugging Taeyong in the morning l before they left for college.
"No , you deserve it just as much as I do." Taeyong said , stroking her head.
They just hug for a few minutes , not wanting to say anything. They walked hand in hand to college.

"Okay , whatever happens, we face it together ok?" Taeyong says , holding Seulgi's hand a little tighter.
"Together." Seulgi repeats and walks with Taeyong to see the results.

"Nooo way......" Seulgi says , taking a look at the paper that contained their results.
"What were the odds of us tying?" Taeyong said slightly laughing.

Both of them tied for the first rank . Taeyong was now into another college to get his master's degree. Seulgi wanted to become a designer. An interior designer. She went on to start looking for jobs. Both of their lives went on , 4 months passed by , with both of them working hard. They didn't see each other at work , and since they graduated , they met only once a week , they spent minimal time together . Both of them would be lying if they said they liked it. Both of them missed each other , but Taeyong lived alone now , Doyoung had moved into his medical college's dorm.

Taeyong had a small apartment to himself. Seulgi still lived with her father. Her mother had tried to contact her many times , a month after Seulgi's graduation. She declined all the calls, she didn't want to meet her mother again. Today was a holiday for Seulgi. She was so excited. She missed seeing Taeyong last week , since she had to work overtime. As if once a week wasn't less enough. She immediately dialed Taeyong and informed him that she is coming to his apartment.

On her way there , she noticed a newly opened cafe , she bought some macaroons for the both of them , and headed back on track to Taeyong's apartment. She was almost there , when someone grabbed her arm and pulled her back . She looked behind her to see none other than her mother.

"What are you doing?!" Seulgi said , trying to free her arm from her mother's grip.

"Seulgi listen to me, I know I did bad things but give me a chance , I'm asking for forgiveness" her mother said , not releasing her trip from Seulgi's arm.
Her nails digging into Seulgi's skin.

"I can't ! What you did was unforgivable!" Seulgi told her.
While they were arguing , Taeyong had noticed Seulgi was late. He thought he would just go and pick her up. He reached the exit of his building and saw Seulgi with her mother. His thoughts started rushing throughout his head. What are they doing? Why is her mom here? Why is she holding Seulgi? He immediately goes to help them out.

"Let go! She not your stress ball , that you release all your frustration on her!" Taeyong said , taking Seulgi's arm from her mother's grip , and then intertwining his hand with hers , pushing her behind himself.
"I just wanted to apologize , you are her boyfriend , maybe you can make her to forgive me." Her mother said .
"What you did was unforgivable , you can't expect Seulgi to forgive you that easily. Give her her space and time to think about it." Taeyong replied to Seulgi's mother.

Her mother slowly backed away and went her way. Taeyong immediately turned around and hugged Seulgi tight.
"Why didn't you tell me she was bothering you?" He asked stroking her back.
"She showed up for the first time today." Seulgi said , hugging back.
Taeyong slightly touched Seulgi's arm , when she flinched . She had nail marks on her arm , where her mother held her.

Taeyong took Seulgi home and treated her wound. They spent some time together , after not even seeing each other for 2 weeks. They realized that they weren't spending enough time. Joohyun and Youngho had the same problem at some time , but to make time for each other , they simply moved in together . That way their work was uninterrupted and they even spent enough time together. Taeyong was just thinking about this. He told Seulgi he's taking a day off and spending it with her. Seulgi was in a state of shock , she didn't know what to do.

"Seulgiiiiiii please take it easyyy...." Taeyong said , in a cute tone.
"I can't it's eating my brain out ! Should I forgive her or not?!" She said in a frustrated manner.
"Seulgi , come" Taeyong said , patting a place on the bed beside him , signaling her to sit with him.
"Everything will be fine , just do what your heart tells you to." Taeyong said as she moved from the chair to sit on the bed with him.
He hugged her again.

"I was thinking , if things like this happen all the time, you will need mental and emotional support , both of us miss each other all the time , and on your days off you practically live here... then why don't you move in?" Taeyong asked.
"That's a good idea , I will ask my dad but what about my mom Taeyong" she asked , burying her head in her hands.
"If she's asking for forgiveness, try being on good terms , maybe she will improve." He said , rubbing circles on her back.
"You think so?" She asked
"Mhm... she is your mother after all , she must feel lonely too..." Taeyong said.

They fell asleep sharing their thoughts with each other. The next day , Seulgi had decided to forgive her mother , but she kept her distance from her.Seulgi eventually did move in with Taeyong after a month once she had a stable job.

"Taeyong im home" she said , she comes home an hour after Taeyong.
"Seulgiiiiiii I missed youuuu" Taeyong said , hugging Seulgi tightly , he was always clingy.
"I missed you too" Seulgi said , kissing his cheek as he smiled.

She walked to their room , and changed into her pajamas. Tomorrow was Saturday the day they had all to themselves just to relax.
They culled up in bed playing a movie on the tv.
"I love you." Seulgi said to Taeyong.
"I love you too." Taeyong said.