-9-

Sarah's POV
7th September 2007

It's been a week since the concert and I'm back at school, a lot has happened over the week. Me and Matt decided to be friends because it wasn't working out with us and our ages. My dad has been very grumpy lately. Mom is busy with her job btw she's a cook at a restaurant. My sister Julie has a boyfriend but I believe she was going out with him before she told me about it. His name is Angelo, he's 16, he goes to our school. My brothers Phil and James were annoying each other all week and me, I was thinking about the photo of me and my mom, I didn't show or tell anyone. If Nikki is my dad why didn't he not tell me at the meet & greet? Was he looking for me all these years?

Today is Friday and I've just finished school so me, Abbie, Manuel and Megan are hanging out at the park.

"Where the fuck is Matt?" Manuel asks

"I don't know," I said.

.....

We stayed at the park for an hour or two talking about school and other things. While walking home I saw Matt giving a small bag to someone. The other person gave Matt money then walked away.

"Matt?" He looked at me then walked over to me.

"Hey Sarah" he said kissing my head, I don't know why he still does that.

"Who was that?" I wondered.

"That was nobody, let me walk you home" he grabbed my arm which hurt but he seemed mad so I didn't want him getting more mad. We walked for a few minutes. He stopped when we got to my house.

"I'll text you later or tomorrow" he whispered, hugging me and walking off. 'What the hell just happened'

I went in the house, mom and dad were talking in the kitchen.

"We need to tell her," mom said.

"No Ellen," dad said.

"Tell who what?" I asked them, coming into the room. They looked at me.

"Nothing sweetie" I rolled my eyes and got my dinner out of the fridge to heat it up.

I ate my dinner while doing my homework in my room. I went for a shower. After I took my shower I looked at the mirror. There was a bruise forming on my arm where Matt grabbed me. I got dressed for bed and fell asleep straight away.

.....

The next day
I woke up to my mom singing so I got up and got dressed. I made myself toast and tea. After breakfast Matt came over, we are now watching movies. He kept looking at my arm.

"I'm sorry Sarah I didn't mean to hurt you" he said cuddling me.

"It's fine," I whispered. We continued to watch movies. I'm actually glad me and Matt aren't boyfriend and girlfriend because Matt could hurt me again or something. I'm scared of Matt sometimes but I'm scared of lots of things.

Matt left shortly after the last movie and I was alone in my room looking at the photo of me and my birth mom. She's really beautiful, blueish green eyes and brown hair. I wish she was still here. A few minutes later, I heard James and Phil shouting at each other. I didn't realize that I was crying till I saw a teardrop on the photo.