X

I spent the next hours in this bedroom, holding my grandmother's hand. Richard and Edward tried to make us take some air but we just couldn't move. Until they had to take her away from us. I felt empty. After losing my grandfather and my uncle, I really believed that I wouldn't feel a pain that strong for the rest of my life, that it wasn't possible. But I felt it again today and I couldn't wish that to my worst enemies.

The day after that, I spent it in bed, in my chambers. Richard stayed with me most of the time, making sure I didn't need anything. He stayed even if I couldn't bring myself to talk to him for several hours. He made one of the kitchen lady prepare me soup and he brought it to me in bed. He sat down next to me and put a piece of my hair behind my ear.

« You need to eat something. » he just said with his calm voice

I looked at him and smiled as much as I could to thank him. He helped me sat down and I took the bowl in my hand, looking at it, not capable of eating anything.

« I cannot bring myself to eat. » My eyes met a corner of the room and couldn't look away « Losing one person is horrible. » I marked a pause before continuing « But losing two at the same time is unbearable. » I looked down, making a tear fall « She won't be here when I give birth. She won't get to see our children. She won't get to see them grow old. »

He took my hand « She will be here. Even if you can't see her, she will always be with you. » He dropped a kiss on my forehead « Now rest a little. »

I looked up at him « Will you stay with me ? »

He sat down next to me as I put the bowl away and pulled me closer to him as my head laid on his chest.

« I will be right here. I am not going anywhere. » he said as I was closing my eyes, feeling safe in his arms

***

A week had passed since that day and Richard took care of all the formalities to move to Middleham Castle. I could see his excitement and even if I was still very devastated about the death of my grandmother and my brother, I was too. I was ready to have my own house, with my husband, building our family there. I was sad about leaving my mother at Court but I had to leave, for my own sake and she knew it.

My ladies-in-waiting were preparing my bags. Taking all I owned to the Castle. I felt relieved that I didn't have to take care of anything. Richard insisted on that. He was so caring. I looked around my empty chamber. So many memories here. I had spent the last 8 years here. It wasn't perfect but it was fine. I have met so many incredible people. I was able to live with my family, see them everyday, I met my husband here too. It wasn't all that bad after all.

« Feels strange, huh ? » I turned around and saw my mother, looking around the room « I feel like it was yesterday that we moved here. You were so happy about having your own room. »