𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚒'𝚖 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚎

Lucifer still couldn't explain everything that had just happened, even to himself. He then remembered that he left Chloe in the pantry, alone. He quickly rushed over to see Chloe crying in the corner, crouched on the ground, with her face buried deep in her arms. Lucifer crouched down to get on her level, slowly bringing her face out, just enough for him to see her.

"What's wrong detective?"
"Oh nothing, just overthinking. That's all"
"Detective, stop saying that you're fine even when you're not. You know it hurts me seeing you sad."
"Thank you, Lucifer"

He felt sad that he couldn't even keep the woman he loves, happy. Deep down inside him he knows that he has to be there for her always. He knows that he loves her truly.

"Detective, you know I am here always. By your side. We're partners, remember? That's what we're for."
"Lucifer, I-"

Lucifer cupped his hands on her cheek, wiping away her tears and tucking her hair behind her ear. He looked at her with genuine care, not coming from The Devil, but from Lucifer. 

Chloe's POV:
I felt his warm hands on my cheek as he wiped away my tears. I couldn't help but cry even more, knowing that I'm safe and that the man that I love is here, beside me, to protect me. I never felt so safe in anyone's presence ever in my life. It's like Lucifer genuinely cares about me and no man has ever felt that way for me.

We were on our way to the family dinner with Maze, Amenadiel, Linda, Charlie, Trixie, and of course, Lucifer. He drove the Corvette as I sat beside him, holding his hand as he drove across the busy streets of L.A. Seeing the neon lights in comparison to the jet black night sky made me feel calm. But nothing would ever compare to the way Lucifer would comfort me when I feel down. He's a genuine man, who deeply cares about the people he loves, and being in his presence made me feel, loved.

Lucifer's POV:
We finally made it to Amenadiel and Linda's house after some 2 hours in L.A. traffic. Chloe would not let go of my hand so I reassured her that everything would be fine.

"Detective, no one can hurt you when I'm here. And I'll always be here. For you."

-------------------

Chloe hugged Lucifer in the car. His strong scent calmed her and gave her some kind of temporary peace. She didn't want to let go of his arms. She wanted to stay with him. Forever.

------------------

Lucifer's POV:

The detective hugging me means that she isn't ok. If she isn't ok, I'm not ok. I just want to stay by her side and be her partner everywhere. The detective, Chloe, just makes us feel so, special.

We went inside and as we expected, everything was a mess.