𝚠𝚑𝚢

Lucifer's POV:

I woke up in the dark corridors of hell. Oh, for Dad's sake why did I have to die now? I didn't even have time to say goodbye to The Detective, or tell her that-

NO, DETECTIVE !

It all replayed in my head. Why was Chloe leaving me after I told her what I truly felt about her? I've waited millennia to tell the love of my life about my true feelings, why am I being treated like this?

I couldn't stand everything. I just stood behind my piano and wept.

Chloe came back on the elevator. Is she back to apologize? Is she back to comfort me? Is she back to tell me everything's okay?

"Lucifer, you're a good guy. I appreciate about the fact that you love me. But I can't accept you for who you are. You are a monster. You are just a man passing in my life, and I used you to help me have a new life. Lucifer, you don't belong here. You don't matter."

She left me again. What was happening? Why was everything repeating over and over again? I can't help but cry and hide in the same corner behind the piano. Why was she leaving me after all those moments we had together? We were sharing a genuine moment and she just leaves me? I told her about what I felt. I opened up to her. I let down my guard just to be with her. I've been to hell just to save her. Why was she doing this to me?

Michael came in through the elevator. He took Chloe and stabbed her. He threw her body over the balcony.

"Oh, brother. You can't even save dear Chloe Decker, or should I say the Detective? How can she be safe around you? You can't even protect her. You can't love her. You can't even protect her. You can't love her. She doesn't care about you. You can't even save her."

STOP, MICHAEL. DON'T BRING THE DETECTIVE INTO THIS. SHE DOESN'T DESERVE IT. STOP. Please Michael, stop. Please.

DETECTIVE, DON'T !

I could not do anything but watch her fall down the balcony. I can't even save her. What kind of a person am I? Why did I appear in her life?

---------------+

Lucifer woke up.