𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚊𝚕 𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚢

Chloe took a long and deep breath before answering Lucifer's question.

"Lucifer, of course I do. That's what partners are for. You and I? Complete Deckerstar match. I'm here for you, no matter what. Nothing will ever change that."

Lucifer cried into the soft cotton padding of her jacket as he held her tight. Everything just felt safe. The world stopped for both of them. All they ever cared for, at that moment, was each other.

---------------+

3 weeks out and they finally solved the case. The new lieutenant told Chloe that she could have a break for 2 months. She never felt so happy and relieved in her entire life and couldn't wait to tell Lucifer.

She drove so fast to the penthouse that she forgot her coffee and donut on her desk at the police station. She started thinking about what she would do, where she would go, who would she take with her, and everything else. Everything just made sense to her, at that moment.

"Hey, Lucifer ! Guess what"
"Why are you so cheery and happy today?"
"I GOT A BREAK FOR 2 MONTHS! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?"
"Oh, that's wonderful news Detective. I'm sure you'll be just fine without me."
"What do you mean without you? Of course I'll bring you Lucifer!"
"Fine, Detective"

Chloe couldn't stop squeaking in joy as she planned everything in her head. She knew that this was a once in a lifetime opportunity to be with Lucifer and bond with him. She knew that this would be a special memory that she would remember forever.

"Lucifer, pack your bags. We're going to Hawaii."