𝚖𝚢 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚕 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚙

Lucifer would not leave Chloe's side.

"Hey Lucifer, there's a murder down at the flower shop along W 3rd. Wanna join in?"

Lucifer did not say a word and just went in the elevator with Chloe. She started suspecting something was wrong with him but she didn't give it much thought. During the entire car ride, Lucifer was dead silent. He would not say a word or react to anything Chloe said. Chloe finally had enough and asked him what was wrong. He pulled over to the side of the road, overlooking downtown L.A. from the mountainside highway.

"Lucifer, what's wrong? You haven't said a single word since you came back to life. Is there anything going on?"

Lucifer couldn't tell her about what he experienced down in hell because he was afraid, out of all things, that she would leave him, just like in his own hell loop. He couldn't bear to experience it any longer so he just, kept it in.

"Nothing, I just need time to... recover and rethink."
"Lucifer, you know I'm here always to help you." She looks into his eyes and tries to comfort him.
"Thank you, Detective. But this is my problem. I don't want to bring you in to all my issues again. But thank you."

They continued driving off to the crime scene. Lucifer couldn't help but cloud his thoughts with memories from his hell loop. He felt anxious everyday and he started overthinking things to the point where he loses consciousness from emotional stress. He couldn't bear the thought of Chloe leaving him after all they've been through. He couldn't lose another person who is very special and is a part of his life. Chloe was his life. His world. What would he do without her?

-

"Alright Ella, what do we have?"
"Seems like this poor chap killed himself after his girlfriend left him."

Lucifer had enough of everything, especially after he heard about the 'girlfriend left him' part. He stormed out the door and sat on the doorstep. He still couldn't organize his thoughts and was not thinking straight. His hell loop had deeply affected him, mainly because it involved Chloe. He would never want her to be in any kind of danger. He cared about her so much he started forgetting that he was getting hurt too.

"Lucifer, I know something's wrong. You can tell me about it. Just please, Lucifer. Let me help you for once."
"Detective, do you really care for me?"