3

MACKENZIE

"Mackenzie, wake up!" I woke up with Aimee yelling at me. "Just a few minutes."

"We'll miss breakfast, get up. Now."

That made me shot my eyes open. Breakfast! Tom! "Aimee, wait here." I rushed to get ready for the day.

After 5 minutes, I was ready. I was fixing my hair when Aimee asked me "So what do you want to tell me?"
"Right come here"
We both sat on the bed and I started talking.
I told her everything.
"Why did he ask you to spent time with him?" She asked me
"I don't know"
"You know him and the boys. Walking around like salazar Slytherin himself sent them to rule the school."

"I'll be careful. Besides he is just a 16 year old boy. What could he possibly do?"

I'm not the one who can just quickly adapt to a new group of people. I have no idea why I agreed in the first place but I guess that it might be time to expand my socializing actions. Aimee looked at me and said, "Keep calm, love.He is not a murderer." She chuckled and I glared at her.

"You said it yourself that he is just a 16 year old guy, right? And besides I won't be sitting far away. I'll sit with Ruby, Emma and Malarie." I looked at the Slytherin table. Tom was nowhere to be seen but his 'friends' were already at the table, the trio not very far away from them.

"If you are not comfortable with them, just look towards my way. I'll think of an excuse to leave the great hall." Aimee said.
"Got it." She smiled and was about to say something when someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around and my eyes landed on Tom.

"Good morning, darling."
"Good morning".
I looked at Aimee, she had her eyes wide. "darling?" she mouthed when Tom had his eyes somewhere else and I lightly chuckled and shrugged.

He paid no attention and walked, me following behind.
Deep breaths Mackenzie, in and out, in and out, in and out... I chanted in my head to prevent any feeling of wanting to run away and hide in my dorm.
"Move out of the way Avery." Tom said casually and one of them shifted a bit for me to sit. All of them were looking at me suspiciously.
"Who's your little friend?" Lestrange asked Tom. As if I can't speak for myself.
You can't though the voice in my head shamelessly stated. Shut up!
"Hello. I'm Mackenzie Rose."

"Macy and I met on the train." Tom making me look at him with wide eyes. Macy

"Mysterious new girl, I see."
It's been two seconds and I'm already uncomfortable. "Well, I'm not really new." I mumbled to myself.
"Where are your manners Malfoy? Apologize to her and introduce yourselves." Tom said with slight irritation in his tone. I already knew who they were but I kept quiet.

"I'm sorry Mackenzie. I am Malfoy, Abraxas Malfoy"

They all introduced themselves. Only Malfoy told me his first name. The other members of the group were Avery, Rosier, Lestrange, Nott, Mulciber, and Dolohov.
"Nice to meet all of you." I sat down between Tom and Abraxas. I was so nervous, I couldn't even eat properly. What if spilled my food and embarrassed myself. I started eating more carefully.

All of them started talking about meeting after the classes today in ROR. What on earth is ROR? The whole time I could feel Abraxas' eyes on me.
"So Mackenzie, tell us about yourself." Dolohov asked me.
"I'm 16. I'm a pure blood witch and I really love painting and writing."
"Writing? What do you write?" Avery asked.
"Short poems." I replied.
"Interesting." I heard from beside me. I turned to my left to see Malfoy. He studied my face for few seconds before saying "It's strange I never noticed you before even though you and I are in the same year and house. You don't talk much, do you?"
I knew one of them would bring this up!
"I guess you can say that." I replied not looking at him anymore.

He threw his arm on my shoulder as if we were childhood friends and said "It's not a bad thing to socialize. Meeting new people and talking can really be helpful. For your mental health as well, if you know what I mean. There is nothing to be scared of. Being shy and scared are two very different things. And you can win people's heart easily and you seem very trustworthy as well. I'm not forcing you, it's your decision. You have me to talk to if you need."

They are not so bad after all. He is right, I shouldn't be scared of letting someone in my life. Toxic people are everywhere and I can't help it. I guess I should try meeting new people. Suddenly, I realized that Tom has been quite the entire time. I wonder why is he so silent all of a sudden.

I saw Aimee coming towards us.
"Hello there, boys." She stated but only a few replied.

"Mackenzie, I am going to the Library to return this book, want to join?" She asked me. I looked at Tom and the look on his face was like he knew this would happen.

"Of course. I'll see you all in class." I said.
Tom didn't reply, the rest of them replied dryly. "See you, Mackenzie." Abraxas said smiling. The way he so adorably says my name. Good lord, I should shut up.

When we left the great hall, I looked at Aimee and said "Everything was going fine with me. Did something happen between you and them?"

"No, I was just really bored, Ruby was only talking about this guy from Hufflepuff she likes. Besides it's almost time for our first class. What did you guys talk about anyway?"
On our way to the class, I told her everything.

TOM'S POV
Before entering the great hall, I heard the little conversation between Mackenzie-.... Macy and Aimee. During breakfast I didn't talk much except telling my followers to meet in the Room of Requirement. We use ROR as the code word since no one else knows about that room. I don't want her to know my plans. Not yet. I need to see if she's trustworthy enough to know about it. "Quite adorable, isn't she?" Malfoy said talking to Dolohov as soon as she left the great hall. I don't know why but I hated the fact that Malfoy kept talking to her and placed his arm around her shoulder. This foreign feeling is affecting my mood. Is it jealousy? No it can't be. I don't like her, I don't like anyone else!
--------------------------
Please vote and comment if you liked this, it'll really mean a lot! ♡
Stay safe! ❤️