11

MACKENZIE' POV

"Took you quite some time in there." I gasped as I suddenly heard Abraxas' voice.

"I thought you left."

"I was about to. I wanted to know what you and Riddle were doing." He stated and my face heated up. "Nothing really. Just talking."

"Sure." He said sarcastically and looked down in embarrassment. "When did he tell you?" He asked me, his face suddenly disappointed and concerned. "Pardon?"

"About his plans. When did he tell you? Why didn't you tell me that you're a part of this?"

"It just happened few days ago Abraxas. We haven't talked since we-....But why? Wasn't I supposed to know?"

"No! Don't you see Macy? You weren't supposed to know! You're too innocent." His sudden outburst made me flinch. "Abraxas-"

"No Macy, get yourself out of this. Show me your arm." Before I could, he grabbed my left arm, rolling my sleeves up. I heard him sigh in relief. "You still have time. Save yourself." He kissed my cheek, my arm still in his hands. He took a few steps forward making me walk backwards. His lips were extremely close to mine as my back touched the wall.

"Abraxas, don't."

"I know Macy, I know. It is taking everything in me to not kiss you. Why would you choose him? Don't you see how messed up he is?"

"I know but-"

"Just know this. I'd choose you. Any day over anyone. I like you Macy. I can't keep it in any longer but I'll wait. For you." He kissed my cheek and left.

---------------------

It's Sunday evening and I haven't talked Tom or Abraxas after what happened at the ROR on Friday night. Tom didn't leave his room this whole weekend. He came out only to eat his meals. This school is turning into a dangerous place now. Almost every Muggle born students in the school have been petrified and I know it is because of Tom. How can I just let him do this? Why am I still silent? I need to have some control over myself. I can't just let him kiss me whenever he wants to! But how can I say no to someone as attractive as him? Aimee and I spent some time together yesterday and today she's with Ruby, Malerie and Emma. She offered me to join but I lied saying that I'm not feeling well. I was so lost in thoughts that I didn't even notice Aimee entering the room.
"Mackenzie?" She yelled.
"I called your name three times. What are you
thinking about? It's dinner time, c'mon."
"Of course. Sorry I was a bit lost." I said and followed her towards the Great Hall.

I sat down with the girls and decided to completely ignore Tom and his group. I ate my food as quick as I can and I noticed that Tom isn't here. Isn't he hungry? I finished my food and got up ready to leave.
"Wow, that was quick." Emma said as I stood up.
I smiled and replied, " I was just hungry. See you tomorrow." I said and left. I could feel Abraxas' eyes on me as I walked past them. I sighed in relief as I didn't had to face the boys. I entered the Slytherin common room and was about to reach the girls' dormitory when I felt someone's hand on my wrist, pulling me backwards. I gasped at this sudden action. I turned around and my eyes landed on a tall boy with jet black hair.

"Come with me." He said and pulled me out of the common room.
"No! Tom, let go. I'm really tired!" I said.
He ignored and continued to pull me. I sighed in defeat. We stopped in front of girls' bathroom. We are going to the Chamber of Secrets again. This is what I don't want. Being alone with him. He jumped in with me .
"What i-is going on? Tom why are you doing this! Why are all the Muggle born students petrified? Please stop it!"
He raised an eye brow and said, "Didn't I tell you? Killing mudbloods doesn't matter to me anymore!"
I closed my eyes as I felt tears forming in my eyes. No, I won't cry in front of his this time!
"You know what's maddening? The fact that every professor in school believes that you are a perfect child! That you will never hurt anyone! They don't know the truth about you!" I yelled and he just smirked. "You see darling, I can be very.... persuasive."
He said and pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket. I inhaled sharply and walked towards him and took the paper from his hand.

It said 'TOM MARVOLO RIDDLE' at the top and few names written on the paper. He had scratched every name written on the paper and at the bottom, it said 'I AM LORD VOLDEMORT'. There was a tick mark beside the name.
"What is this Tom? Who is Lord Voldemort?"
"That is me." He said with a smirk.
"Excuse me? I don't get it." I said and I'm sure confusion is clear on my face.
He turned around and used his wand to write 'TOM MARVOLO RIDDLE' and rearranged the letters. It turned into 'I AM LORD VOLDEMORT'
I gasped and said, "Tom Marvolo Riddle is and anagram of Lord Voldemort."
He turned around and looked at me with a straight face and said, "Surely you didn't think that I was going to keep my filthy Muggle father's name. No! I fashioned myself a new name. A name I know that one day every wizard would fear to speak when I become the greatest sorcerer in the world."

I looked at the piece of the paper and turned it around to notice something he drew. It was a weird drawing. I don't understand it. It was a drawing of a glittering green skull with a snake protruding from its mouth.
"That is the Dark Mark." He said bringing me back to reality.
"What is a Dark Mark?"
"That is for my Death Eaters...like you. It represents immortality and power. I am going to place the Dark Mark brand on my followers' inner left forearm as a sign of your loyalty to me and as a method of summoning you all to me when I desire." He said and I took a minute to process everything. "Do they all have it?"

"Yes."

"Why me? It could have been anyone else, much stronger than me." He took a few steps closer and wrapped his arms around my waist, his face only inches away from mine.
"Because you are special." I felt him gently kiss my cheeks, jaw and finally my lips. I just stood there blankly. When I didn't kiss back, he pulled away, disappointment was clear on his face.
He took my left hand and examined it a little.
"Now, this may hurt a bit alright?" He said and dragged the tip of his wand on my inner forearm. This is what Abraxas was talking about the other night.

I nodded, crying. I closed my eyes and tried to mentally prepare myself for this. I heard him whisper something and slowly, I started feeling a burning sensation but it was bearable. As every second passed, the burning sensation got worse and worse and I screamed loudly as the pain was getting unbearable. I tried to pull my arm back but he held it in place using his free hand. I still continued to try and free my arm but his grip just tightened. I screamed in pure agony and waited for this to be over.
"I-is it done y-yet?" I managed to say but he obviously didn't reply. Few seconds later, he let go my arm and said, "It's done."

I opened my eyes and looked at the Dark Mark on my arm. How did I end up in this situation? What did I get myself into? I sobbed loudly and wished everything to stop. He came closer and did something I never expected him to do. He hugged me. I felt him run his hands up and down my back.
"You were so amazing Mackenzie. I am so proud of you. I don't know if you know this but I am really happy to have you in my team." He said.

Why is he acting so sweet all of a sudden? I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my face in his shoulder and just cried.
We just stood there in each others' arms and I calmed down a bit.
"Now, I'll take you back to your room. You need some rest. C'mon." He said and we exited the chamber. My life is getting a little bit more worse everyday! Abraxas was right.

I sat in the common room for a lot of time before I decided to talk to him. I jogged to Abraxas' room and knocked a few times. The door opened and Avery stood there. "Bloody hell Macy, it's almost 2 in the morning- are you crying?"

"I-is Abraxas awake? I need to-"

"Yes I am here Macy." He walked out.
------------------------
Please vote and comment if you liked this chapter. It'll really mean a lot! ♡
Also, I apologize for taking so long to update this. Stay safe! ❤️