Chapter 14: What felt like the saddest day ever.

Chasity POV

I pulled up my dress and buckled my boots. Today was the anniversary of my father's death. Ty was gonna drive me over to the cemetery to say hello. It's hard to stand in front of the gravestone, of your dead father, that I barely even knew. The last time I saw him is when I was 7. I looked in the mirror and smiled as I saw Ty come up behind me and hug me. I turned around and hugged back. "Are you sure you're gonna be a solider?" he asked me. I nodded and we walked out the door.

Charmaine POV

Around this time, I was always emotional. I buried my face in my pillow and cried. Today makes 16 years they found my father dead. Brylan tried to come in and comfort me, but nothing can make me feel okay now. Not even Bry's kisses or his jokes. I just felt like I wanted to be with him. I never even got to know him.! I sat in my bed, I wore no makeup, nor any fancy clothes. I looked really ratchet . Brylan walked in for the millionth time asking me if i'm okay. "I'm fine, now please, exit my room stage left." I said. Again, I felt bad. He was only trying to help and I pushed him away again. I was doing that alot lately. He made a straight face and left. I heard him jog down the stairs and close the front door. Ugh, I needed to suck it up. I haven't seen Chasity or Chase cry...yet. So I needed to suck it up. I called Brylan. "Hey, can you pleasee get me some cookies?" I asked him. He chucked. "Yeah baby, I got you." he said. The sound of his voice made me smile. "Thankkk yooouu.!" I said. I laid back down and waited to Brylan.

Chase POV

I sat on my bed just thinking about life. Melony, then Renae, then Ty, then Travis. Thoughts came to me from two weeks ago. On top of that, today is the anniversary of my uncle's death. I remember what happened 16 years ago..

Flashback

"Mariah! NOTHING will ever make me feel anymore bad.! I still LOVE him.! He's Char's father.!" Aunt Cassie yelled. I was 3 and oblivious to what was happening. "Calm down. He was brutally stabbed and shot. He might make it!" My momma yelled. Then the doctor walked out. "Family of Simon Collins?" He said. The adults nodded. "I'm so sorry, we did all we could to revive him. He's gone." He said. Chasity sighed and tried not to cry. Aunt Cassie on the other hand, was busting out into tears.

Flashback over.

From then on I just couldn't make out what our family did to deserve this. Ever since then my momma and daddy been in vacation month after month. They come back for 3 days then leave again. Probably trying to get away from me and Aunt Cassie. I heard my door open. "Baby, it's me momma." My momma said. Wow just as I was thinking about her. Saying I was pissed off was an understatement. She's barely in my life and now she just pops up? Wow. "Hi Mariah." I said. She frowned, "Baby, i'm so sorry. You know me and your father j-" "Just what? Pop up on days when everybody's mad? Then leave again?" I snapped.. "Just got a divorce." She continued. "All those months we were gone, we were sorting out papers, baby i'm so sorry I wasn't here." I stayed in place out of shock. It's official I have the worst life in the mother fucking world.

_________________

Poor Prince.

Yeah Ik I haven't updated but I been working on my other stories.

I'll make it upp tho. 💎❤️