The Passing of the Jones Part 1

TW: Death of a family member

We got home and said bye to everyone, I was too damn tired to do anything so I just went straight to my room and went to bed.

I woke up the next morning to the sound of someone crying. I thought it was Isabel but I forgot she left to go to her sisters house. So that meant the only person left here besides me was George.

I went inside his room and saw him crying hard with his head buried in his hands.

M: George what's wrong?

He was still crying hard, so I had to get him to control his breathing.

M: Please, tell me what happened.
G: Check my phone.

I check his phone and it's a text from his uncle. Apparently his parents got hit by a train while driving.

M: Oh my god I'm so sorry...

I hated seeing him cry, I hugged him too and told him everything will be okay. As soon as I hugged him he started crying even harder, I lost it too and cried with him.
My mom passed away a few years ago and it was hard to live without her. So seeing my best friend go through this hurt me even more.

G: Why them? Why not me?
M: Its going to be okay.

I rub his back as his crying gets softer and softer, eventually stopping.

His phone goes off again, this time its a text from Isabel.

"Come to Adam's house, there's something we need to talk about."
"Alright, I'm getting ready."

He sits on the end of his bed with the look of terror and sadness in his face. I had to encourage him to get himself ready so we can be on our way. I don't know what happens if we're late but I just know the consequences if we are.

We were on our way there. Adam's house is kinda far too. George wanted to ride shotgun because...who knows what could happen with how he's feeling and him behind the wheel?
I honestly want to stay home but I wanted to meet his siblings again because I haven't seen them in so long.

We arrived at his house. The neighborhood was a large suburban area with good sizes homes.

As soon as we got there, we knocked and Jack answered.

J: Who is it?
G: Your brother.
J: Hey bro.

Oh god he's gotten tall. Even though I'm 3 years older than him, he still towered over me by a few inches.

J: Mariah??
M: Hey Jack!
J: Holy shit I didn't even know that was you!!

He looks just like Adam too. Emily, Eliana, and Isabel also greeted me.
I didn't see Adam, so he either left of he's here hiding.
(Quick note before we resume. Emily and Ellie's first names begin with the first letter, so I will be naming them by their middle names. Eliana: Marissa (Mr)
Emily: Madeline (Md)

M: Ellie?
EMr: Yeah?
M: Where's Adam? Plus I need to use the bathroom.
EMr: Adam's in his room, I don't know what he's doing. The bathrooms are right across from Adam's room, 2nd room to your left.
M: Okay thanks.

After I get out the bathroom, me and George knock on his door.
I hear a faint muffled voice in response.

G: Its George.
A: ...come in.

We walk in to see Adam laying down facing the wall. He turns around and gets out of bed, looking at us with his red eyes, tears still leaking from them, trying to catch his breath.

G: Adam, you good?
A: Good? Our parents literally just passed away. Why would you think I'm good?
G: I just...I don't know...
A: You don't know what?

Adam's unexplained anger and sadness combine while he gets frustrated at George, confused as to what he said wrong.

G: I don't know why I said that...
A: YOU SAID IT FOR A REASON!
G: ADAM-
A: I DIDN'T EVEN TALK TO THEM FOR THE PAST FEW DAYS!
G: What?
A: Yeah...I was too busy...BEING A FUCKING IDIOT, HANGING OUT WITH MY FRIENDS, GETTING DRUNK AND SHIT, AND I JUST FORGOT ABOUT THEM LIKE THAT.
G: But w-
A: I just wish I told them I loved them or at least talked to them...I just wish they were here. Please.

It hurt me even more to see Adam rage and cry, he was crying hard letting it all out as he suddenly hugged his brother.
George with a sad look on his face hugs back and starts crying too. Oh my god this hurts me so bad.

A: What type of son am I? What type of brother- WHAT TYPE OF PERSON AM I? I FEEL LIKE PUNCHING SOMETHING RIGHT NOW!
M: Adam, I know you regret what you did, but you have to calm down a little bit-

He yelled at me with his voice full of anger. My heart was racing from the amount of screaming he let out.

A: SHUT THE HELL UP MARIAH, YOU DON'T KNOW HOW IT FEELS SO I DON'T NEED YOU TELLING ME TO CHILL OUT!
M: Actually I do know how it feels. My mom passed away a few years ago, it was one of the hardest points of my life and I was close to suicide. But with coping I'm fine now. I still think about her everyday and how much I miss her.
A: I just wish this was a joke at least.

Emily and the others came upstairs into his room and we all formed a group hug. My phone started ringing, I checked it and Eli was calling me.

M: I'm so sorry, I gotta take this.

I left the room and went downstairs with it being surprisingly quiet.

"Hey M"
"Hey Eli!"
"I have good news..."
"Ooh tell me."
"I'm finally free this weekend!"
"PERIOD! Well I have some bad news."
"What is it?"
"George's parents passed away."
"Oh my god I'm so sorry...tell him I'm sending him and his family lots of love, they need it."
"Will do. The funeral is on Friday so I think we can hang Sunday, I'm taking George out on Saturday."
"Oh okay."
"Yeah."
"Well I'll see you Sunday."
"Alright, love you."
"Love you too."

I go back upstairs and the door is still open to see them sitting in Adam's room, talking quietly.

In two days there's going to be a funeral hosted near the site where they got hit. This is just too heartbreaking. Witnessing my best friend and his siblings cry their hearts out after losing the people that brought them into this world makes me feel even worse.

I just want them to feel better soon.