Past relationships

Me and George are just hanging out or whatever, walking by the water in old town Alexandria. We get a nice view of the Potomac river too, so thats a plus.
It was a mild fall September day, around 70 degrees right now. George had his arm around my waist and my head rested on his shoulder.
The smell of cologne went up my nose as my head was on his shoulder. One thing to know when on dates like this is you have to sometimes expect someone you know from your past life.
My god when I saw her face, rage flowed through her body. I just wanna yell at her.

?: Oh my god! Mariah!
M: Hey...Shannon!
S: How have you been? Like wassup with you?
M: Enjoying my life.
S: Who are you?
G: I'm dating her.
S: Bro I know that-
M: Girl how do you know?
S: By the way he's holding you that shit's obvious.
G: So? I could be holding her like this and be friends.
S: Whatever. But oh my god I didn't know you lived around here!
M: Yeah I just moved back.
S: When?
M: A few months ago.
S: Oh cool, we gotta hang sometime. Probably catch up or whatever.
M: Nah I'm okay.
S: Alright then.
G: I think you should hang with her.
M: NO-
S: Girl why not?
M: You already know the reason why.
G: Can I talk to you in private?

About Shannon; she's my toxic manipulative ex. Thats all I'm gonna say.

G: Why aren't you gonna hang with her?
M: She's my fucking ex...
G: Oh-
M: Yeah. I'm not hanging with her.
G: I wont care if you do. Here's a bet; if you at least get her phone number or something, I'll do whatever you want me to do for you.

I don't like being bribed but making him my servant does sound fun.

M: Alright, I guess so.

M: I guess I'll get your phone number or something and we can talk...
S: I mean, I don't want to force you but if that's what you want then feel free to have my number.

Is she actually being nice for once?

S: Well I'll catch you later.
M: Bye.

G: See? That wasn't hard.
M: I mean you're right. She probably changed.

Change? Where? Why did I even say that?

We resumed our walk, passing many apartments and still parallel with the Potomac.

Later, we went to actual old town and took a walk around there. Not many people outside but we're in the middle of a pandemic so of course there's not a lot of people. I don't make physical contact with others except George.
I sensed that something was wrong, it didn't feel right. I could feel George's energy change because he looked like he saw someone and started freaking out.

M: Babe.
G: ...oh my god not today...
M: MARK.

I call him by his middle name sometimes just to catch his attention.

G: What?
M: Are you okay?
G: I don't know.
M: Who did you see?
G: I think I saw MY ex too.
M: Is it her?
G: Yes, please hide me from her.
M: Why? What happened?
G: Our relationship was horrible. It ended by her randomly getting rid of me and finding someone else without a word.
M: Fuck her, well not in that context.

She started to come towards us, noticing George first before me.

?: George!!
G: Betsey?
B: Yeah its me!
G: Oh my god hey!

Betsey hugged him but he didn't hug back. I gave her a stank eye because I know exactly what she wants to do to him. Or I'm overreacting I don't know.

B: MARIAH HEYY!!
M: Girl who are you?
B: I'm Betsey.
M: Bruh, like who are you?
B: Oh! I'm George's ex. I just want to let you guys know that y'all are an amazing couple. You don't remember me from school?