how can I help you! eddy x reader

4:00

You glanced at your watch for what was probably the hundredth time in the last 30 minutes. You had one hour left until the camera store you worked at would close and you could finally go home. You started working at this shop because it was close to your apartment, it paid well, and you enjoyed some photography here and there. The days were slow, with a couple customers coming in to browse every hour or so. You mostly spent your time developing film people had dropped off or organizing the inventory. People stopped coming in around four, so you were back in the dark room checking on some prints when you heard the familiar jingle of the front door opening. 

"Hello? Are you guys open?" asked an unsure voice. You let out a sigh and started walking towards the front of the store, hoping that this customer wouldn't be a pesky one. Upon entering the main room, you noticed the customer immediately. He was tall, around your age, and surprisingly... handsome? Definitely not a regular to this shop. 

"How can I help you? I'm Y/N." you said, stepping out from behind the counter towards where he was standing. He noticed you, and it seemed like he was staring at you for a bit, until he cleared his throat. "Y/N? Thank goodness! Sorry about that, hahah, its- its been quite the day." He said, nervously ruffling his fingers through his hair. He took off the backpack he was wearing and pulled out a very high quality vlogging camera, to which you let out a slight gasp. You didn't usually sell that type of camera here, but you had definitely come across them several times. "See, I'm only in town for a couple of days, but I'm having some issues with the lens on this camera? I think somethings wrong with where it hooks up to the camera." he said, handing it to you. "Come with me and we can take a look." you said, smiling and taking the camera from him. You set it on the counter and started to fiddle with it, trying to find the issue. He watched you intently, smiling to himself. 

"You know, I don't see a lot of cameras like this in here. what do you use it for?" you said absentmindedly as you continued searching for the problem. "Mostly just filming videos. I use it a lot, I'm surprised it hasn't started having issues until now. I'm just glad I could find somewhere  to get it looked at." he continued. The two of you continued your conversation, bouncing around different lighthearted topics, making you completely neglect the fact that you had found what the issue was. Your watch beeped to signal that it was finally 5:00. 

"5 already? Oh shoot! I'm so sorry Eddy, its been a long day. I found the problem with your camera, and can have it fixed by lunch tomorrow. Is that all right?" you said apologetically. Here you go again, blabbering on to anyone who would give you the time of day. He just grinned at you and laughed. "Y/N, don't worry. That works for me. Besides, I liked chatting with you." he said. You got his phone number to call him when his camera was ready to be picked up. "See you tomorrow, Eddy!" you said as he left, a little sad that he had to leave. "Looking forward to it." he said, waving and walking out of the store, slightly grinning to himself. 

You turned around and yelled in the empty store. Did that just happen? Even though he was a complete stranger with camera problems, the two of you had, in your opinion, hit it off. You still didn't have the slightest clue as to what he did or why he was in (your hometown), but you did know that you were ~extremely~ excited to see him tomorrow.

The next day!!!!!

You had gotten to the shop a little late (because you might have spent a little more time in front of the mirror cough cough) and made a head start on Eddy's camera. It was an easy fix, and it gave you enough time to help other customers who came in that morning and to make a dent in the film yet to be developed. You went to call Eddy to tell him his camera was ready, but were disappointed when it went to voicemail. Hey! This is Eddy! Sorry I missed you, leave a message! Thanks! "Um, uh, h-hi Eddy, this is Y/N, just wanted to uh, let you know that your camera is ready whenever you are! Can't wait to see you!" you said, abruptly hanging up. Wait, did you really just say that? Way to be low-key about things.