Chapter 5

What made my life sweet was the sweetness you filled my heart with.

What made my life bitter was when you couldn't remember.

What I lack, you'd fulfill.

What I desire, you'll remember.

You are my heart and I am yours.

Let them be whole once more.

 Moonbyul slowly open her eyes, her vision were blurry and the sunlight blinded her. She lifted her hand on top of her eyes to block the sunlight and help them adjust better. It took her a couple of moments before she was able to regain some composure. Her head felt painful when she tries to get up but it wasn't the kind that was hurting from the inside. She held her hand to her head, but couldn't feel anything out of the ordinary. She dismissed it as nothing important and thought it to be a side effect from sleeping too long. Or at least she felt like she had been sleeping for a really long time.

She tries to scan her surrounding while her eyes were readjusting. In the blurry background stood a tall and a short figure, she couldn't make out who it was. She closed her eyes and shook her head slightly, as her vision became clearer she saw a woman and a little boy. The woman looks to be in her 20s and the boy was probably 4 years old. She looks at them curiously and the boy hid behind the woman. She tries to sit up on the side of the bed and the woman came over to help her. She slightly bowed her head as a gesture of thanks. The woman was smiling at her, it was a gentle smile. There was also tears in the woman's eyes, although Moonbyul doesn't understand why the woman was crying. Moonbyul was hesitant at first not wanting to hurt the woman's feelings but decided to asks the woman some questions in the end.

"I'm sorry to ask you this, but do we know each other?"

"You don't remember?" The woman asked surprised.

"N-no I'm sorry..." Moonbyul apologetically shook her head.

The woman sat down next to her and held her hand, "It's ok, the doctor have said that there was a possibility you will lose your memories. You had a head injury after all, it's something normal. They didn't say it was something permanent, so you don't have to rush it," the woman wiped away her teary eyes and show a sweet smile to Moonbyul.

Moonbyul thought to herself that she was really fortunate to know someone so understanding but felt bad for not remembering the woman. "A head injury?" Moonbyul continued.

"Mhm," the woman nodded, "You had an accident while helping someone, you fell from some height and hit your head on the pavement. I was really worried about you. Your arm was also broken but had healed now, which I'm really thankful for. I have been sitting by your bedside every day since your incident. I prayed and prayed that you would be able to wake up and my prayers have been answered. I'm really, really thankful for that," the woman eyes were filled with tears again, "You don't know how much my heart is jumping for joy seeing you awake now. I'm really, really happy and thankful that god have answered me and healed you," the woman wiped away her tears and sniffle, "It's really fortunate that nothing serious happened to you. If anything were to happen to you..." the woman paused for a moment, "I'm not sure how I'll survive," tears flow down her face and she wipes them away again. "That's why I've asked you again and again not to be so kind, but it's your nature and I suppose that's a quality I love about you. Just make sure you be careful from now on and take care of yourself. I don't like you risking your life like that, it really scares me. I don't want to lose you and I don't want to see you hurt." The woman wrapped her arm around Moonbyul's neck and place her forehead on Moonbyul's shoulder.