Bit of Background

Katsumi pov - Three Years Prior

It was just your average day at school, students gossiping, teachers shushing their students to begin class. The only odd thing was that Minami Akechi, one of the smartest people in class, had been gone for weeks.

I knew where he went. And it annoyed me so much when I heard other students question what could have happened. The reason their words peeved me was because they used both the wrong name and pronoun. Yes, he told me he didn't want me to get angry over something so small, but I couldn't help it.

Today was the day he would be coming back, with a new uniform, new haircut, and a new body. The previous night he couldn't stress his worry enough. I had been there for him every step of the way.

I was there when he first told me he thought he might be trans. I was there when we shared our first kiss. Hell, I was even there when he first met his bastard father for the first time.

And today, I was going to be there on his first real day of him truly being himself.

"Alright, everyone, quiet down," The teacher all but shouted at us, "Today we have a new student."

Excited gasps and whispers filled the room, and then Goro walked in. Some of the girls blushed, whispering how he was quite cute.

"Everyone, this is Goro Akechi. Now Akechi, introduce yourself." This was the part Goro was most worried about. He was going to let everyone know that he was trans and that he wasn't all that new at all.

"Hello everyone," He was nervous, I could see it on his face. He looked over at me, and I smiled sympathetically at him, "Now as many of you might be wondering, I'm Minami, or at least I was." Goro stared right at everyone else in our class, "And if you have a problem with that, leave here at once."

The whole room was silent. Nobody dared even move a muscle. He then went back to smiling and sat in his seat in front of me.