chpt 2.

Annie's pov;

Ty didn't show up at school today.

I mean, it was inevitable - I didn't expect him to turn off his grieving just for school. School is probably the least of his concerns right now.

But if I'm being honest, a part of me was disappointed.

He was going through the same thing I was right now, but was feeling x10 worse. I wanted to go through school by his side and ignore all the stares and whispers that came our way.

I was self-conscious whilst walking down the familiar school-halls, anxious that people would be watching my every move, but thankfully, no-one was talking about me.

They were all talking about Ty, who again, missed the first day.

Simon spent lunch with me in the wood shop today, creating small talk as we ate in comfortable silence.

The mood really shifted, it was as if he was walking eggshells around me - scared I'd burst and hurt him along the way. It didn't feel the same as it did before.

"So... Annie, it's really sunny today - isn't it?" Simon nervously beamed, munching the crusts off his egg sandwich.

I nodded in response, chewing my carrot sticks and picking my nails as I let my mind drift away to think about Ty.

I wonder what he's doing right now. 

Eating, I hope.

Maddie told me he hasn't been eating well ever since the accident, and that doesn't sit well with me at all.

I hope he hasn't developed an eating disorder along the way - as that shit is hard to get rid of and overcome. 

Trust me, I know.

"Annie...??" Prodded Simon as he poked my arm.

I snatched my arm away from him immediately and lifted my head so we were eye-to-eye level.

"Yes?" I seethed out, dropping my hand onto the table.

"I... I was wondering if... if you were okay? I mean with the er... the er... accident. I know what that can do... to a person." He stuttered out.

I studied him for a moment.

He was fiddling around with his fingers whilst blinking a little bit too fast.
It didn't take a genius to realise that he was nervous, afraid I'd explode and take it out on him.

I rolled my eyes at the thought, I'd never do that to Simon. He's a good friend, even though he's jittery alot.

"Yeah I'm fine, it's whatever." I let out, sighing as I stared at his ocean blue eyes.

It didn't compare to Ty's hazel eyes though. There was something so magical and different about him that I couldn't make out, he was easily the hottest guy in Serenity. I've been practically in love with him since middle school.

"Oh... okay!" He smiles as he packs away his lunch, ignoring my day-dreaming.

I wish I could tell him how I was feeling right now. He was the closest person I have to a really good friend and I felt claustrophobic with all the feelings I have trapped in, scattered everywhere. It makes me nauseous and sick to my stomach.

But he won't understand. The only person who will isn't at school today.

"Oh well. There's always tomorrow." I muttered to myself quietly, throwing my leftover school-lunch contents in the bin.

But deep inside, I knew it wouldn't be that easy.

--

--