Chapter 1

It's the Olympics of 2014 and going to be a great competition. Thinking everything is perfect and have a nice and good boyfriend and having a positive mentality of getting gold medal, right? No. Before I got in my flight to Sochi, I went to say good bye to Aiden and would retire and have a normal life. I guess I was wrong.

Few hours earlier...

I knocked on the door three times. I decided to enter and said, "Aiden, I wanted to say goodbye before I left-" I saw my best friend kissing my boyfriend. "(Y/n), it isn't was it seems-" before I could get his excuses, I had enough. "No. Aiden, we're over and keeping snogging my best friend. Good thing I'm not coming back. I was going to end my skating career for you and so I could have a normal life. I guess not." I slammed the door and ran. I didn't look back and heard him yell my name but, it's worthless. I grabbed a taxi and went home. "Mother, are the suitcases ready?" I tried not to cry, I just want to leave as soon as possible. "Yes dear, we could leave now." I nodded and went to the airport.

Present...
This now how I got here and getting away from my ex. I should've broken him up earlier than now. He doesn't support what I love and makes excuses of not come seeing my practices and my competitions. I don't need him since I want to skate for life. I was focus of my though and heard, "Last call for flight Sochi, Russia." I grabbed my bags and went in the plane. Mother helped me since she always supported me on what I love. I guess I'm excited for the 15 hour plane ride.

15 hours later...
"Mother, that was a tiring plane ride." She nodded and got a taxi for us to go to the hotel. We got there, I went immediately to bed. "Mom, wake me up when food is here." "Fine, take a nap while the food arrives." I nodded and quickly fell asleep. I was dreaming about a boy and seems to be Japanese and we were hugging. I was confused but, I felt comfortable with. Before it gets to the good part I heard a yell, "(Y/n)! Food is here!" Damn it. "Mother! I was having almost to the best part of my dream!" She laughed and went to grab food to eat since I haven't ate yet. "(Y/n), remember what you did for your training, your coach wants to talk to you before you start." I nodded. I helped her clean up and went to sleep.

Next day...

The week of months in the Olympics. I'm in the last group to perform and the last person to skate. Yay, how exciting. I'm not actually sarcastic. When I got there, I went to my coach. "Coach, you wanted to talk to me?" She turned around and smile. "Yes, (y/n), please sit." I sat down and putted my stuff down. "(Y/n), I don't want you to be upset but, I won't be your coach after the Olympic ends." What, is it about me? "Is it about me, or do you want me to get the gold medal, maybe-" She face her hand, I stopped talking. "No, I'm retiring. You're a good student of mine and your first Olympic competition. Your new coach will be Brian Oser. I talked with him and agreed coaching you." I nodded in understanding. "Please, win this for me and for you." I nodded with tears and hugged her. "Now go, your going to warm up soon." "Coach, thank you for everything." She smiled and I left. I went to the changing room to change. I'm representing to the United States and grabbed my costume and changed into it. I grabbed my water bottle and my skates and headed out. I saw coach and went up to her and sit next to her until the male singles are over until the women. Which is going to be long. One performance catches my eye for full short program. The song was Parsian Walkways by Gary Moore and his dance looks 19. His skating for me was speechless and the way he moves his sort of seductive matches the music. When he finished, I clapped loudly and coach notice it. She didn't want me to do what I did but, she let go since it's her last month with me. After the male program finished, I went to the room to practice my quads. I was practice they way like ballet. I was focus and heard my group call. I left and went to coach. "Do your best (Y/n)!" I smiled and left the area and went in the rink. I was warming up doing my jumps but easy ones. A lot of pressure is going for me since they're expecting a good one since I'm the youngest. I left the rink and started to read until I heard my name. "Coach, who was the guy that skated moore?" She looked at me and said, "That's yuzuru hanyu. One of the good male skaters." I nodded and she tried to read me but gave up.

When the skater before is almost finished, I took off my jacket and preparing my turn. When they said her results, coach was trying to encourage me and not trying to make me nervous. "Next up, the United States. (Y/n) (L/n)." When they mentioned my name I went out and did my entrance. I saw my mom cheering for me and I waved at everyone even my mother. I went to my position and waiting for the music to start. When it started I didn't want my emotions get to me but, it did. I was doing my quads right even my loops. I let my emotion get to my dance, even of what happened to me. Boyfriend and my best friend betrayed me, my coach is retiring, and my father is still missing. I didn't notice I have to do the triple axel. I was preparing and jump for the triple axel, I made it and did the spins and jumps I did for my training. (Sorry, I don't know about ice skaing 😅)
When the music is finished, I finished on time. The people in the crowd cheer and I bow to the people and waved at them. I went to coach and hugged her. "I did it!" I said happily with tears in my eyes. "I'm proud of you." She gave me my water and my blade cover. I sat down and patted me on the back while waiting for my score. "(Y/n) (L/n) from the United States score 152.32 in first place in world record." I cried and hugged my coach. I have to keep in the position before this event ends.

Few days....

It was the medal ceremony and I won to the gold medal. I'm happy and still can believe I won. After the medalists award and the interviews, I went to change until I bum into someone. "I'm sorry, are you alright?" I asked him. He nodded and grabbed my hand to stand up. "It's fine, don't worry." I nodded. "I'm (y/n) (l/n), pleasure of meeting you." He shook my hand and bow. I did the same thing for respect. I could tell he's Japanese. "I'm Yuzuru Hanyu." He seemed to speak little of English. I spoke in Japanese (It's going to be still in English, sorry I don't know Japanese 😔) "Congratulations on getting your medal." "Thank you. Congrats on getting your first gold medal in your first Olympics event program." I thanked him and we talked, for a bit then we left since the event was over. "(Y/n), glad to find you. You seemed to get along with Yuzuru, I bet in the future you will be marrying him." She started to laugh. "Coach! Yes we are but, we're friends nothing more." She nodded knowing. "Are you going to the gala?" I thoug about it but I can't decide. "I don't know, maybe." She gave me a look and knowingly she wants me to go. "Fine. I will go." She smiled and helped me with my bags. "Good, I want to give you something when we get to your hotel." I nodded and we left. I hope I could see Yuzuru there.