Chapter 8

It was China World Cup figure skating. I couldn't sleep for the past 2 days and I didn't eat a lot since I was stress out and worried about the jumps but I feel fatigued. I should have eaten something, I thought and went to the changing room to change for my long program and for my warm-up. I opened my duffle bag and saw a type of snack. I remember granny bought something like it years ago and to be honest, I don't care. Right now, I'm hungry. I opened the bag of snacks and started to eat it. I grabbed my water that Granny filled in this morning and I don't understand why she had to barge into my hotel room in the middle of the night. Anyway, I drank a big sip of water and started to change. After I finished changing, I put my skates on and went to Coach Brian, and waiting for my group to be called. Since I don't go after the men finish their performance. I decided to watch Yuzuru's long program before I perform. 

I heard the men's group called and I grabbed Yuzuru's skate guards and hold it until I give him when he finishes. I saw Yuzuru was going to do a jump when collided with another skater. I stood up and looked at Coach, "Coach-" Before I could say anything he told me to wait since the medics are coming to stitch up Yuzuru's forehead. It took around 5 minutes for medics to take him off the ice. They were coming in my direction and went by his side and I said to him, "You'll be okay, don't worry." He looked at me and smiled. "Please, can you stay?" I nodded and grabbed his hand. It took a few minutes for Yuzuru to stitch his forehead. "Are you sure you want to do this?" I asked him and still wants to compete. He nodded and I sigh was taking off his guards and grabbed them. I helped him just in case he was still seeing a blurry vision of his collision. When they called his name, he went to the ice and grabbed his guards tightly hoping he doesn't injure his foot. He was doing his warm-up since he couldn't warm up his accident. He did simple jumps but, when he tries to do the triple axel, he falls. When he started his performance, I could tell it wasn't good in the beginning nf falls the jump he tries but, managed to land some of the jumps. On one of the jumps, I saw the foot to be limping when he landed the jump. He managed to get through the end. He came and I helped him and gave his guards. "You did good, yuzuru." He nodded and helped him to sit down to get his results. He got first place, even though it wasn't his best performance, but started to cry because he feels he doesn't deserve it. "Coach, do want me to help him?" He nodded and I put his arm on my neck and since he has to go to the doctor after this to check how bad his injury was. When we got outside, Coach said, "Tracy will stay with you." I nodded and left. I went inside and decided to do some jumps before I change.

After what happened, ma and Tracy were waiting for the person's results, I took off my skates guards and gave them to Tracy. I heard my last group called and went on the ice and did our warm-up for jumps and skating around. I went to Tracy and taking off my sweater since I'm the first one to perform. "Did you get enough sleep and did you eat breakfast?" When she asked, I can't let her know I didn't get enough sleep. "Yes, managed to drink protein and oatmeal." She nodded. I grabbed my water and drank a bit to have a bit of energy. When I looked at the time, it's time to perform. "Presenting from the United States of America, (Y/n) (L/n)." I looked at Tracy and smiled and skated to the crowd in my entry. I went to the center trying not to worry since Yuzuru got injured before the long program started. I clap both hands to my cheeks since my vision was a bit haziness and a bit of a blur. I started to skate and started my crossover clockwise. Did my scene of choreography and preparing my triple lutz and quad salchow. I managed to land it cleanly and did and jump across and did my spin but, I feel heavy. I have to keep doing this and managed to do my triple axel with a triple toe. when I finished after a few more jumps, I heard the crowd go loud. I stay my position for 30 seconds and felt heavy and I tried to skate back but I fell to the ground and I saw something blurry and saw the medics coming but, I just see a blur. "(Y/n), you'll be okay." Tracy said while the medics were carrying me out of the ice. I wanted to get up and say to everyone I'm fine, but I feel weak and can't feel my body, I went into darkness.