red: the last time (requested)

this was very fun to write, and thanks to pansy1 for the request! hope you enjoy this!

it starts with a view of a front porch of an apartment while it's raining. someone (gary lightbody) walks up to the porch and knocks, and the production starts, but with rain sounds in the background. the camera moves up a level and through the window to show taylor playing the piano in correspondence with the production. it goes back to gary, and he's singing the lyrics as the first verse goes on. when it gets to the pre-chorus, it shows a split-screen of taylor playing the piano and singing, and gary in the rain singing. that same thing continues through the chorus, and then taylor walks downstairs when she hears gary knock again, and opens the door, looking disappointed as soon as she sees who's there. the "i was there to watch you leave" lyric is shown by taylor yelling that at him and then slamming the door and sliding onto the floor, up against the door. she sits there for the pre-chorus, and the split-screen occurs again, only this time, it's shown with the door dividing them from each other, each of them on opposite sides of the door, singing to each other. the chorus shows parts of taylor with the piano, gary outside in the rain, and the door split-screen. the back-and-forth between them part of the song is shown by a flashback of them getting into a fight and taylor storming off, and then the first version of the split-screen occurs again and it ends with taylor at the piano and gary walking away from the apartment, and the rain sounds fading out.