Chapter 4: The Mysterious Girl

Darkness. I am floating aimlessly once again. It's the same darkness like in every dream, but why is it quite different? I heard the sound of a little girl's muffled voice.

    "Big Brother,"  she called.

    Who is it? Is she calling out for me? Far off voices then came along all at once. I desperately attempted to cover my ears until something caught my attention.

    Somewhere on the far off distance, I heard the sound of a beautiful voice that hummed a lullaby. It is somewhat nostalgic. The atmosphere grew warm as I continued to drift towards the unknown sound.

    Just then, a light pierced through the darkness. My eyes widened as soon as I saw a hand reach out. A woman's bright figure appeared. I saw a gentle smile tug against her lips, lips that match the soothing voice.

     I attempted to lift up my arm then frowned when I realized that my whole body was shackled in heavy iron chains. I pulled against the chains that bound me, holding me back from reaching out to the mysterious woman. As I struggled, she began to fade along with the light. I tried to call out to her but utterly failed.

     Who are you...to me?  Do you know who I am? Please...don't leave me here.

    "I'm not going anywhere."

    Minato suddenly heard. Slowly opening his eyes, he found himself reaching out to Abigail. It took a while for him to decipher whether or not he was still dreaming. He noticed Gail looking at him intently.

    "What was that about?" she asked as she tied her ribbon.

    Looking at her, he noticed the damp hair that draped over her shoulders.

    She followed his gaze and said, "Oh yeah, you were still asleep and so I went and showered," she wanted to add 'finally' but decided not to. "I'll be leaving soon so if you need anything, now is the time to tell me."

    He brought up his head and looked at her with nonchalant eyes, followed by a loud growl of the stomach.

    "Yeah, yeah, I got it," she sighed. "I'll see if I can make it by eleven thirty with food."

    Reaching for the door, she turned to Minato one last time.

    "Remember, do not leave this room no matter what." 

    He nodded obediently before Gail went out.

    Walking towards the direction of school, Gail's mind was racing with thoughts of Minato.

    "I wonder what's wrong with him," she thought out loud.

    Just then a snap was heard in the bushes interrupting her train of thought. She gasped as she sharply turned towards the bush to see two pairs of gray eyes fixated on her. Before she had a chance to open her mouth, an arm reached out and pulled her into the bush.

    "Shh!" A familiar voice whispered behind her ear.

    Her brain stopped and restarted soon as she realized who she was hiding with. Xavier. She felt her cheeks heat up instantly and unknowingly let out a small squeak. Just then, the sound of what seemed like a stampede of girls came running towards their direction. Gail opened her mouth in an attempt to speak but was hushed once more.

    "Please cooperate with me right now." His whisper, almost inaudible.

    He peered out of the bush and occasionally ducked his head down.