Chapter 3: Now What?

I suddenly woke up this morning to see Minato asleep with his face a few inches away from mine. The first thought that went in my head was, “His breath smells good..” I couldn't help but notice about how long his eyelashes were and how much it make Minato really adorable. It was really scary how much it matched him, considering how it would make any other guy look really feminine. My groggy brain didn’t seem to notice his arm was draped over my waist, until Minato pulled me closer to his body. I jerked up in surprise and kicked him out of my bed, Minato landing with a huge thud. Ouch. He sat up and held the back of his head, a small whine escaping his mouth. Quickly pulling the blanket to cover myself, I yelled, "Why the heck are you here?"

   Minato just continued to look at me with a stoic face. "Hm?"

   "D-d-don't play dumb with me! Who gave you permission to sleep on my bed?"

   "But....the floor was cold." Minato mumbled, his eyebrows furrowed slightly in confusion. He’s so… Adorable.

I shook away my weird thoughts as he stood up and approached me. “Stay away!” I yelled throwing a pillow to his face with another shriek.

***

        After another eventful bath with Minato, I raced him back to the room. “Listen up,” I said buttoning up my t-shirt. “Stay here until I come and get you.”

   “Come and get me?” he asked, his head tilted slightly to the right in a cute manner.

I pulled my socks on in a hurry, grunting as I almost fell over. “Yes, I’ll get you later. I’m going to try and discuss some matters with the-” a shiver went down my spine as I remembered the principal “-the principal herself,” I slowly said.

I got up and looked at Minato one last time. “Stay put.”

As usual he gave me his expressionless look. With another tired sigh I closed the door behind me, taking one last worried glance at Minato. “Bye..” I whispered quietly.

        Walking towards the principal’s office was one of the most nerve-wrecking things I have ever done. I came to a stop in front of her office, a large sign with her name in bold hammered to the door. I hesitated. Just standing outside her office is plain scary. I heard rumors of her being a freak when it came to love or relationships. She seems to have a fetish over romance and love. Totally weird.

I’ve also heard that she pops out of weird places randomly. A shiver ran up and down my spine as I thought of different scenarios that might happen to me as soon as I enter her office. I took a deep breath and knocked on the oak door, my hand shaking in anxiety. “Come in,” a voice said from behind it. Holding my breath, I went in.

The room was dim with the curtains covering the windows. Books littered the shelves on the left while papers and folders untidily sprinkled the desk. On the floor were crumpled papers everywhere. The couch was the only thing that looked untouched and tidy.  An eerie feeling washed over me as I saw that no one was at the desk. Wait a minute, I thought to myself still clinging onto the door knob, if no one’s here then who called me in? I slowly walked into the peering over my shoulders. No one’s here. I headed towards the door until I noticed two pairs of glowing glass lenses staring at me from behind the door. I gasped and jumped back, falling into the couch. “Oh my,” the figure emerged from the door revealing a woman, “I did not mean to scare you. Are you okay?”

She held out a hand and smiled down at me. I gawked at her and soon realized that she was lending me a hand. “Oh-um” I took her hand. “Thanks.”

She pulled me up, her smile never fading. She went over and closed the door. She then opened the curtains which blinded me for a second or two. “So what brings you here, Miss Michiko?” she said jolly.