Chapter 5: Stay Put, Please

"...and that is laws of logarithms, understood?" Professor Cuthbert says as the whole class monotonously replied.

    "Now that we covered the lesson, use the laws of logarithms to evaluate log2 4," he says as he picked up a slender chalk to write on the green board. Just as it touched the surface, the whole class stiffened as the door slammed open revealing a heavy breathing Gail. Her legs wobbled and fell to the floor as she wheezed and gasped for air, desperately filling her lungs. Professor Cuthbert was the least surprised and adjusted his glasses positioned on the bridge of his nose. "And what do we have here, Miss Michiko?"

    Gail struggled to stand that she needed the door frame to assist her. "S-sorry, sir." She trudged over to her seat at the far end and cringed as Professor Cuthbert continued interrogating her. Can we drop this for later? She complained to herself.

    "You barely made it halfway through class Abigail. Please see Miss Aleman after school." He turned his back on them and continued to scribble equations on the board.

    Her heartbeat finally went to normal but soon pounded faster as dread filled her. "Anyone but the principal," she silently complained.

    Standing outside the oak doors of the office, she knocked waiting for an answer. She had not spoken to her since she talked about Minato. I wonder if she'd be alright with the fake profiles? She thought to herself.

    "Come in," a faint voice called from behind.

    As usual, the eerie atmosphere greeted Gail as she walked in and sat on the over sized couch. Gail completely forgot how cushy the cushions were and ended up sinking her bottom all the way down.

    "Eek!!" she exclaimed as she struggled to her feet. "M-Miss Aleman!!" she called out. Gail continued to struggle but froze as she realized glass lenses glowing eerily in the distance.

    "Ah--I've been found out." The older woman emerged from behind the door and snickered. She placed the back of her hand on her cheek, sticking her pinkie out and posed...something Gail thought was horrid. "Ahohohohohohoho!!!" she laughed strangely.

    Gail could not help but feel sweat trickle down her face. "Miss Principal," Gail firmly stated, bringing the woman back to her senses.

    "Ah--yes Gail?" She turned with a serious expression, completely revealing no signs of her goofiness a second ago.

    Gail resisted the urge to sigh at the higher up. "I was told to come here after school?"

    Miss Aleman hummed to herself as if thinking. "Yes, yes. I heard you came in late, did you not?"

    "Y-yes." Gail slowly admitted.

    "Mhm, and I have finished the documents, yes?"

    Gail blinked.

    "You did?" Gail asked, dumbfounded.

    "Of course!!" She leaned in closer, eyes gleaming with brilliance. Gail, in that moment, knew that the last subject was long gone. "All I need to do is meet him face to face and confirm some details."

    "That's it?"

    "Yes deary! How about it. Bring him here later tonight?" Miss Aleman gave her a toothy grin. "By the way, where are you keeping him?"

    The question got Gail's mind and face to boil up in embarrassment. "M....my.....dorm."

    Miss Aleman blinked. She then was taken aback rather dramatically with a long gasp. Her face shown a shade of crimson.