Mrs. Right and the Right Moment (A Niall Horan One Shot)

Character Name: Calli

Height: 5' 2"

Age: 17

Hair Color: Brown

History: Auditioning for X-Factor.

Setting: Dublin Ireland X-Factor auditions

Other Characters: Niall Horan, and Simon Cowell

~NIALL'S POV~

I exited my dressing room and walked to the stage door down the hall. I was helping Simon with X-Factor auditions for the next couple of days as a celebrity judge. We were currently in Dublin Ireland a mere fifty seven minutes from my home town of Mullingar. I was so happy to be home as much as I loved my life with one direction and as much as I loved the way things were going I couldn't help but miss the place I would always call home.

Currently we are in between tours and in between albums. We are in talks of ending things after our fourth album it's been a lovely almost five years but we are all at a point where we needed our alone time. Louis and El are engaged, Harry is married - who would of though I know but that is another story -, Zayn has become more involved with producing and is planning on settling down with Parrie anytime now, Liam has been going strong with his longtime girlfriend Annie, and they even plan to move in together soon.

Me on the other hand other than my guitar playing and a few acting projects here and there I am really up to nothing. I still didn't have a girlfriend and I was beginning to feel like Mrs. Right wasn't actually on her way. I was watching all of my friends move on with their love lives and I was seriously jealous.

I sighed joining the others at the table as Simon looked at us, "Ok we have had a great turn out today and it will take us a while to get through them we may not get through them all today so be ready to come back tomorrow," he said just as the stage security guy walked behind a curtain most likely to go get the first act. Simon turned to me, "Oh and Niall please don't be too nice," Simon said sending a wink my way.

I nodded nervous about it. The first act came on stage and introduced himself, he sang a simple yet sweet melody and then everyone made their comments and gave their votes. The first act put us in a great mood he did great our first yes of the day.

Sadly I couldn't say the same for the rest of the acts that followed. Most of them had been no's and were sent home crying in most cases. Although some had been screaming about how we were all idiots and that we didn't know real talent. We were getting closer to the end of the day and still only four people had made it through, and then as the next act walked out I was baffled. She was about five two with long curly hair that framed her face. Her eyes were wide with nervousness and excitement.

Simon smiled at the young girl, "What is your name?""Calli Ferguson," she said with a beautiful smile.

"What will you be singing?" he continued.

"I'll be singing so sick but the female version."

"Ok," Simon said nodding his head at her and glancing at me. I was reminded of the time I stood on that same stage a few years ago so hopeful.

She was beautiful no doubt but I couldn't let that influence me. I waited and as the first notes came I was anticipating what she would sound like. "I gotta change the station that I have 'cause all I here is you, and it just keeps reminding me of all the things we used to do, and I know that I should turn... off the radio, but it's the only place I hear your voice anymore. It's been months since I spoken to you don't know why it came to this no more walking round with my head down I don't wanna be a fool crying over you if you're so sick of love songs so tired of tears you say you love me why ain't you here I'm so sick of your love songs so sad and slow but I just can't turn off the radio..." she had been singing acapella and faded out after the first chorus. She had been a bit shaky but who wouldn't be, she was marvelous none the less. He pitch was near perfect but everyone has room for improvement, she was a yes no doubt in my mind.