Chapter 8

Hagar felt a powerful energy surge through her. Zarkon told Sendak to capture the Voltron Lions on Planet Aris after they had crashed on the planet. She turned toward the Emperor, "Sire, I felt something on that planet. Something powerful and something pure. Much more powerful than Voltron itself."

"I do not see how," he grumbled. "Do you have an interest in this sudden power?"

"If there is something this powerful, then I will do everything that I can to find and take this power. If it fell into Voltron's hands, we could have many more problems in the future," she warned.

"Do what you must," he told her. "If Sendak contacts me about the mission being a success, I will warn him of this power. If he does not, then our worst fears are true."

I opened the security camera from my necklace, showing a Galran drone appearing in the bridge before it blew up the crystal. I could hear the paladins crying out Lance's name after they found him on the floor badly injured from the explosion. They separated to get a new crystal and help the Arusians' village burn down. Only it was a trap to separate the paladins from the castle. Lance, Pidge, and Shiro were still in the Castle of Lions.

I cut off the camera. "All right, Sera, remember what I said, stay here," I told her firmly. She nodded, and I disappeared from her sight with a shake from my wrist. I was worried that I scared her by leaving her all alone. I know I told her to stay put, but I knew kids do not obey all the time.

I guess I have to make this quick.

I shook my wrist again and appeared not far from the castle entrance to the outside. Shiro was carrying Lance over his shoulder, and he almost looked dead the way Lance's arms swung. She held out her hand towards him and could feel his injuries, and they were not good.

I looked ahead to see shadows appearing in the doorway. I quickly thought through how I wanted the situation to play out. I want to help them and prevent the enemy from attacking the castle. I also want to go as planned before the storyline gets messed up.

I thought if I had stepped out, it would have been easy as pie, and it would be quick. I decided to stick with what I was planning to do. Everything was going according to the episode. As soon as Shiro laid Lance to the side away from the fight, I teleported to Lance's side. Somewhat glitching in and out of view, I hovered my hand over Lance's body and healed as many wounds as I could have. He opened his eyes and stared at me as if he saw a ghost or a spirit. "You are going to be okay, Lance. I promise everything will be okay."

"Mommy?" asked a quiet but familiar voice next to me.

"Sera, I told you to stay put," I scolded her quietly, not to draw attention from the fight between Sendak and Shiro. I looked toward them. It seemed to be coming to a draw with both of their galra prosthetic arms. "It does not matter anymore."

I wrapped my arm around Sera, and with a shake of my wrist, I vanished from Lance's sight. I hoped I did not scare him too much, disappearing on him as I did. We appeared in an empty room somewhere in the castle. "Are you mad at me, mommy?" asked Sera.

I looked at her, worried. "No, no, of course not, sweetheart. Mommy would never be mad at you." I kissed her head. "Mommy just wants to make sure that you are safe away from danger." I set her down on the empty bed. "I can not do that if I see you outside of this room. I have to go back out there soon."

She nodded. I pulled the blanket to her chin and tucked her into bed. I watched her sleep soundly as I watched Pidge from the security cameras around the castle. I tapped a few keys to also hack into the comms between the paladins.

I also watched both Lance and Shiro being held prisoners at the bridge.

Sendak and Haxus powered up the ship and contacted their Emperor about the progress of their mission. Zarkon was talking to Sendak about more than the mission. Even though I could not hear what was said, I had a good guess of what it was.