21: A Bittersweet Apology-Owen

I watched the dismissive Pikachu and happy Vulpix walk off before I noticed something at the corner of my eye. It was Sadie, peeking around the corner at me.

"S-Sadie.. I-" I tried to say, but was interrupted by Sadie slapping me in the face with Vine Whip. I guess she's still mad at me...

"Let me speak first.." Sadie told me softly, walking over to me and sitting down. "I..... I Shouldn't have attacked you. I hurt you, and I drove you away...You have every right to be mad."

"M-Mad?" I asked. "I-I'm not m-mad. I just m-missed you." I told her with a nervous smile.

"You... Missed me?" Sadie asked hopefully.

"Y-Yeah." I replied, looking away slightly. "W-Without y-you, I have n-no clue w-what I'm doing n-next." Suddenly, Sadie wrapped me into a hug. It was soft, yet tight. It almost felt like the hug we shared after our first encounter with the raiders. I returned the hug, rubbing her back softly.

"Sadie... I-I'm-" I tried to say

"No!" Sadie loudly interrupted. "I won't let you apologize to me! Not until I do it to you.."

"Huh?" I asked, confused. "B-But I w-was in t-the wrong, w-wasn't I?"

"No. You weren't." Sadie looked down. "I was... You had the right to say those things, but I didn't have the right to punch somemon who doesn't fight."

"I-I don't know i-if I s-should've said t-those t-things.." I replied.

"Stop being so nice!" Sadie shouted at me. "You should be mad... You have to be.." She put her hands over her eyes, looking down.

"H-Hey.." I began, grabbing her hands and pulling them from her eyes. I held her hands as I looked down sheepishly. "How about we say it together?" I looked at her as she looked at me.

"I'm sorry...." We both apologized in unison. Sadie smiled softly as I smiled back.

"Partners?" Sadie asked, widening her arms for a hug.

"We always were..." I smiled, hugging her.

"Awwww~" We both heard two voices say.

"Huh?" We both looked over to where the voices came from, and saw Melo and an Eevee with gushing expressions. We also saw a Pikachu and Vulpix standing behind them with indifferent expressions, but the Vulpix was smiling a little.

"Oh my god guys!" Melo exclaimed happily. "You two are so cute~" We immediately backed off each other, looking at the four walk over to us.

"W-Who are t-they?" I asked, guesting to the Eevee, Pikachu, and Vulpix.

"Owen, meet the red, orange, and yellow heroes." Melo began. "Wildfire, Ami, and Pika."

"Hi!" Ami waved happily. "It's nice to meet you!"

"Uhh.. Y-You too." I shook her paw nervously.

"Hey." Pika greeted nonchalantly.

"Yo!" Wildfire grinned. "Nice meeting you."

"O-Oh... Melo told me a-about y-you." I told him, remembering what Melo told me. "I-I met S-Snowy too."

"Oh my Arceus I forgot Snowy!" Wildfire exclaimed, putting his paws on his face. "She's still in the hotel with the others.."

"Okay then, let's go there." Pika told him bluntly. Wildfire sped off, leaving a trail of flames behind.

"Don't worry, Snowy!" We all heard Wildfire shout from a distance. "I'm coming!"