𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙. 1 : 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕿𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝕾𝖈𝖆𝖗𝖞 𝕾𝖐𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖙𝖔𝖓

"𝑀𝒶𝓎𝒷𝑒 𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝒶𝓈 𝒶 𝓌𝒾𝓃𝓉𝑒𝓇'𝓈 𝓇𝒶𝒾𝓃,
𝒞𝑜𝓁𝒹, 𝓇𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽, 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒹𝓇𝒶𝒾𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑜𝒻 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒.
𝐻𝒾𝓈 𝑒𝓎𝑒𝓈 𝓊𝓅𝑜𝓃 𝓂𝓎 𝓈𝓀𝒾𝓃 𝓈𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝒶 𝓈𝒽𝒾𝓋𝑒𝓇,
𝐻𝒾𝓈 𝓈𝒾𝓁𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝓇𝒶𝑔𝑒 𝑜𝓃𝓁𝓎 𝓇𝒶𝒾𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓃 𝑜𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓁𝑒𝓈𝓈 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓉𝓊𝓃𝒶𝓉𝑒.
𝒯𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝒽𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝑜𝓀𝑒𝒹 𝒶𝓉 𝓂𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝓌𝒶𝓈 𝓈𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓃𝑒𝓌.
𝒮𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶𝓈 𝓊𝓃𝒾𝓆𝓊𝑒 𝒶𝓈 𝒶 𝓈𝓃𝑜𝓌𝒻𝓁𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓌𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓈𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓁𝒹'𝓋𝑒 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝓃𝑜𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝒶
𝓌𝒾𝓃𝓉𝑒𝓇'𝓈 𝓇𝒶𝒾𝓃."

Quiet chatter reminisced in (Y/n)'s mind as she walked along the oddly silent streets. Despite the poor people in this town, the streets were usually full of chatter. Their lives might be terrible, but it's the people around them they should cherish.

Ever since word came out of "new employment" over their poor town, everyone has quieted up and avoided the streets. Their new employers apparently liked to take a stroll or two.

Fortunately for (Y/n), she hasn't had the pleasure of running into one of their new landlords. She heard from Frisk that they're just like the rest of the mobsters— at least two are. Frisk hadn't encountered the third monster yet, which made (Y/n) curious.

Perhaps the third of the brothers was... kinder. Maybe he was worse. The possibilities were a ratio that most definitely wasn't in favor of the lovely folks in this town.

(Y/n) personally had nothing against monsters; only mobsters tend to bother her, but she never lost her cool. Her and Frisk were very good at that, so the two tended to not have any trouble with mobsters.

Until Frisk met Sans that is. Frisk told (Y/n) all about their frightening encounter. A part of (Y/n) felt awful for not being there, of course, there wouldn't be much she could do; in the incident perhaps she could've gotten help, even if he didn't really do anything to her dear friend.

(Y/n) shook her head and continued to walk home. It was dark outside; the streets were alive with the lights of the street lamps and few people were hurrying to their homes. (Y/n) would give polite smiles and waves. She received the same from the residences of the town, whereas the few mobsters roaming the streets would smirk and straighten their posture. Few would try to grope her, but she tended to slip away from their grasp as a summer breeze disappears in the most blistering of heat.

She was aware of the dangers of walking home late, not to mention so far from home, but (Y/n) didn't particularly care. Ever since her mother's death, she stopped caring about living. No, she wasn't suicidal, (Y/n) just wouldn't frown to the idea of being shot from behind due to a mafia mishap.

The woman opened the newspaper she was holding as the street had become empty. Perhaps most were tucked away in bed, allowing their fears to slip away and become a hopeless dream for a better day. She smiled, hoping that the children dreamt to become strong, to overthrow those who have wronged the less fortunate.

Her smile wasn't one that deserved to be on her lips. The newspaper announced new weapons to the head of all the mobsters. Warning was spread throughout the entire page; nothing good in the paper as always.

The pages quickly escaped her grasp as she felt something hard hit her side and something harder cut her knees and palms. Her newspaper fell into a puddle that resided in the road, but she didn't particularly care.

(Y/n) tried her best to smile despite the pain that had graced her already sore limbs. She pushed herself up carefully and mentally scolded herself.

"I am so sorry, I wasn't paying attention." (Y/n) said as she wobbly stood up straight once more. A pathetic smile rested on her lips; the smile almost faded when she caught sight of the person she had run into.

They were a skeleton. Tall and intimidating. He had the grin of a pumpkin a child would carve on Halloween and two cracks in his skull that she could only wonder the origin of. Last, but not least, a red dot coming from the eye socket. The skeleton wore a black trench coat with a red button up residing beneath it. He wore a nice pair of dress pants as well as shoes— all black.

(Y/n) ignored the skeletons sudden and frightful appearance, as well as the pain in her legs. She brushed a loose strand of hair behind her ear, continuing to smile, in hopes of forgiveness.

"Your apology is accepted, miss." A deep voice suddenly spoke. The woman almost flinched, though she'd never admit that to herself. Her smile softened and she nodded in appreciation. "Though, do remind yourself to watch where you're going."

"Of course, sir." (Y/n) felt a bit of tension building inside of her. She had spoken to a plethora of mobsters and none were as polite as to address her as miss. Suddenly, there was a bony hand in front of her.

"Wingdings Gaster." The skeleton introduced himself. (Y/n) placed her hand in his, only to receive a kiss to her knuckles. It was surprising soft, despite the lack of lips, but pleasant. So far so good. "But, please, just call me Gaster."

"Of course, my name's (Y/n), (Y/n) (L/n)." She replied, her smile unchanging. The skeleton grinned, though it was frightening, considering his stature in their society, but it still seemed genuine and sweet. "If I may, are you one of the new landlords of this area?"

"Indeed. Where would you happen to live, Ms. (L/n)?" He asked, raising his left brow bone. Though, (Y/n) felt hesitant to reply, she knew better than not to answer.

"In apartment building 352. It's near the old playground." She responded calmly. The skeleton towering above her nodded with a soft hum.

"I'm certain you've met my brothers then?" He asked, clearly craving a conversation with the young woman. (Y/n) didn't exactly mind chatting, she just hoped she wouldn't say anything that would be considered offensive.

"I haven't had the pleasure. I've been busy recently." She answered honestly, though she wondered if that would be enough to get her in trouble. The skeleton nodded, seeming a little lost in though for a moment before responding.

"I'm certain you'll encounter them eventually. Where are you coming from? It's not safe to be out so late."

"The library, I had a book to return. I should be headed home though." (Y/n) tried to excuse herself from the conversation as politely as possible. The skeleton nodded understanding. "It was lovely to meet your acquaintance, Gaster."

"You as well, Ms. (L/n)." Gaster replied, beginning to walk past her. "Get home safe."

The woman nodded and quickened her pace back to her apartment. A part of her was frightened, another part of her confused. She would certainly have to speak with Frisk the next day about her encounter.

The moment she arrived home, she looked around to make sure she wasn't followed. After making sure, she headed to her apartment and pulled her keys out of her purse. She slipped the key into the hole and turned it. The door unlocked with a click; the key took some muscle to pull out of the old key hole, but the key escaped its prison.

A sigh of relief escaped (Y/n)'s lips as she locked the door. She was finally home and finally safe. The only thing she wanted to do now was go to bed.

(Y/n) set her purse down and leaned her umbrella against the corner wall. She went to her room and removed her clothes, changing into a nightgown. Finally, she went into the bathroom to check on her injuries and patch herself up.

The process was quick and easy, so quick, in fact, she was already in bed. Her eyes closed and she released another relieved breath.

(Y/n) smiled and mumbled a prayer, in hopes that things would get better.