Down Reverse Mountain!! The Merrys Lost Her Head!!

(Art by me)

Anxiety shot through the crew. Suddenly, the mountain got really steep now that they were up close...

it didnt help that the rapids were pulling them, seemingly impossibly, up the entire height of the mountain! Being at the base of it was a lot more intimidating than they once thought, even Ghost was gripping onto the railing for safety. It had been so long since the last time she danced this dance, she'd forgotten the feeling of having her stomach in her throat.

     "You guys better be ready cause there's no turning back now!!!" Nami yelled out to her crew mates over the crashing waves.

     They all nodded to her, waves of confidence and fear washing over them all. This was it, Ghost may have been a new addition, but this is what the crew had been waiting for! She could feel their joy!! All she was feeling herself was her breakfast about to come back up. The bow of the ship slowly started to rise and she gripped onto the railings as hard as she could.

And suddenly, WOOSH, up they went! And all of them jerked back violently for a moment, trying to understand what was happening and how it was even possible! As Luffy whooped and hollered, the rest of the crew looked around, seeing the ocean get farther and farther away. Ghost felt weightless, a feeling she hadn't felt in a long time. She nearly let go of the railing she felt so euphoric, but she snapped back into reality as she realized that might kill her if she had done so. The peak was approaching fast, and she could see the light in her new friends' eyes shimmer like the sun.

"WE'RE ALMOST THERE!! THE TOP IS JUST UP AHEAD!!!"

"MAKE SURE TO HOLD ON TIGHT!!!"
Voices boomed and hollered as the large pirate ship rushed up the mountain rapids. Ghost looked around for any familiar face at all, but failed. The sheer number of men running around her scared the poor child half to death as she felt her little fingers slipping off of the mask. After a long, futile effort to keep her grip tight, she found herself tumbling backwards into the wall of the ships cabin. She witnessed a few of the men fall overboard and splash into the relentless current below, never to be seen again until moments later when their ghastly blur figures reappeared on the ship, weightless and confused, and more often than not, terrified.
"Am I dead...? AM I DEAD?! NO! NO I CANT BE DEAD, MY FAMILY, I NEED TO GO HOME TO THEM!"
It was the laments of man she knew too well. She was familiar with the regrets they held in their souls, which was horribly exhausting for such a little girl... and yet,
"Where is your family?"
The man whipped his head around to face her, "The freaky ghost kid... you really can see ghosts"
She nods, and averts her eyes for a moment.
The man continues. "M-my family is back in the East Blue... Will I... ever see them again?..."
Ghost took in a deep sigh, looking into his eyes again, "Someday."
The man dropped to his knees as Ghost was jerked out of conversation with a hardy slap to the face and a grip on her arm.
"WHAT DID WE TELL YA ABOUT USIN' YOUR POWERS WITHOUT OUR PERMISSION?!"
She looked off into her thousand yard stare. The ghost before her looking astonished. He hadnt noticed this was how they were treating her. As she was dragged away, the man yelled out to her one last time.
"IM SORRY KID. IM SO SORRY. PLEASE GET OFF THIS BOAT, AND TELL MY FAMILY I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!!! THEY LIVE OUTSIDE OF THE GRAND LINE!!! CAN YOU DO THIS FOR ME PLEASE?!"
The young girl nodded, and a weight seemed to lift off of the spirit as he faded into the mist. The girl, however, spent the rest of the storm alone in a locked room. The Pirates keeping her would punish her for using her powers. What they didn't know is that she didn't know how to just flip the switch. Everywhere, all around her, all the time, were the spirits of those passed on. All she had to do was pretend they didn't see their limping, or hear their cries. She had to pretend she didn't see them looking around for their loved ones, only to appear lost. And thats when she promised herself that she would grant these people ease.
     Cause no one else would... but at what cost?

"GHOST!!!"
"H-huh?!"
Zoro latched onto the railing with one hand and Ghost arm with the other. She suddenly noticed that her legs weren't on the floor anymore. Weightless she thought she felt in her head was actually weightlessness in reality. Looking around, she noticed the ocean was a lot more far away than it once was. Slowly, her hearing returned with her consciousness, and it was immediately abused by the screams of her peers. Her eyes darted to to Zoro's face, which screamed 'WHATS WRONG WITH YOU, STUPID?!', then her eyes darted to his grip on her wrist again, then one by one mentally counting off the other crew members to make sure everyone was at least still in the vicinity of the Merry. And once everyone was accounted for, she felt her stomach rise to her throat as the Merry came crashing down faster than she had realized. It was like piece by piece she was coming back to reality and once she was back, the world stopped moving in slow motion and everything picked up. Now with her face planted directly into the deck of the ship, she felt it steady out and sail down Reverse Mountain at high speeds.

     She dusted herself off and slowly stood to her feet, but she felt a pair of hands help her along, placed gingerly around her body. She rubbed her head and turned to thank the person who helped her, only to be met with someone almost as shocked as she was.
     "D-don't mention it..." Usopp smiled at her, however the fear was still prevalent in his expression. But this made her feel warm and incredibly happy, so she gave him an even warmer and happier smile in return, "I won't."

     "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!" Nami shrieked. Ghost and Usopp whipped around to see what she had been talking about, and both of them yelped themselves.

     Ghost ran to the front of the ship to meet everyone as a large blue mass got closer and closer. And closer. And closer! There was nothing they could do to stop the ship from hitting this thing!!

     Ghost called out to the others in a panic, "Get away from the masthead!!! Quick!!!" And she lead the crew into running towards the back of the ship just in time for the ship to SLAM into the large mass.

     The Merry's head, a sad and impressive sight, flew off of the ship. Shock plastered their faces, but Luffy became enraged, fast. He couldn't forgive whatever this thing was for breaking his favorite seat iff of his ship. It took him no time at all to scream out a power "GUM GUM!!!! PISTOL!!!!" And whip his fist into the eyeball into what was now obviously a large blue whale!

     Ghost gulped, looking around as the whale cried out in pain, "This... can't be good."

     And she was right.

———————————
A/N

IM ALIVE!! Sorry for the late update. Im kinda slowing down cause im so much farther in the anime compared to this fic. Would you guys mind some time skips with brief recap? If not ill power through!! Thanks for reading? It means a lot ❤️