·Chapter Thirty-Eight·

*Luna*

*Luna*

I was so excited when I got the news that Liberty and Sarah were here to see me. I've been dying to see them for what felt like forever. As I crossed into the visitor's lounge, I saw my baby girl sitting on Liberty's lap while they sat on a couch. Then I glanced over at Cami as she was sitting with a dark-skinned woman who was dressed like an attorney. I rushed quickly over to Sarah and pulled her into my arms, wiggling her around. God, I missed her little arms wrapped around my neck.

"Thank you," I murmured to my sister as I gave her a quick hug and sat down on the couch. "I really appreciate you for taking care of her."

"Of course," she said, smiling.

"So how have you been?"

She raised an eyebrow at me and laughed. "How have I been? I wondered the same thing about you."

"Oh. I'm making it," I sighed. I didn't really want to discuss everything that I'd been through and ruin our short visit. I narrowed my eyes and looked down at Sarah, then squeezed her body, feeling overjoyed to hold her again.

Glancing over to my right, Amir sat on another couch and Faisal sat beside him, peering over at Cami. She peered in his direction a few times and tried to keep her attention on her visitor. Then Sarah blue eyes looked up at me and smiled. I kissed her forehead and noticed Amir giving me sad eyes, feeling the swell of emotions hitting my chest.

"How is it in here, Luna?" Liberty asked me, pushing me out of my Amir-gaze.

"It's okay. I have to endure it for now. Chase, well, I don't want to say anything negative since Sarah's here, but he did this to me. I shouldn't have ever appointed him as my proxy."

Liberty's grin grew wider as she scooted closer to me. "Actually, there are two people. Chase and myself. I guess you forgot."

"I did. Oh my-" I almost started giggling and laughing. She could get me out. They'd have to go to war over me, but I'm sure she could win. There was no reason to hospitalize me. Liberty has to win. "What can you do about it?"

"Unfortunately, not much." My small smile faded. "I was put on there later and Chase, plus Dr. Kim, insists on you being in here. I believe Dad agrees with Chase, too. He's probably believing a bunch of lies coming from his lips. But they're not going down without a fight. Chase is an asshole." She mouthed her last word since Sarah was in our presence.

Amir and Faisal—both looking attractive and almost like they're waiting for a second double
date—laughed at Liberty. I smiled back and turned my head back to her.