·(Book Two) Chapter Three (Previous Storyline)·

Thank you ALL sincerely. I am pleased to know that my story has made an impact to every reader out there. The fun is now getting started. 🌎 #TetheredWar #FightForYourFreedom #CanTetheredSoulsEscapeTheHunter?

*Luna*

As I hear the door handle turn, I was immediately back in my room in the hospital. I sucked in a deep breath, and my shoulders stiffened. I wasn't sure if it was Dr. Kim or Chase who was at the door. I just had to stay alert and prepare myself for whatever happened next. 

A blonde head popped in, and Chase's blue eyes stared back into mine, framed with heavy brown-colored lashes. All at once I was brought back to Memorial Day, the evening he took advantage of me at my sister's house, pushing himself onto me like my objection didn't matter. Then my mind flooded with memories of being inside the van. I gathered myself quickly and stared at the door. I wished that I could run out there, but I couldn't. 

I was unable to run away, and I had to endure whatever treatments I was given.  

He strolled in slowly wearing white scrubs and perched himself at the foot of the bed, gazing down at me. "How are you feeling?" he asked in a level voice. 

Like kicking your ass, you asshole.

I placed my fingers on my temples and titled my head slowly, wondering if he was serious or not. "My head... my head is hurting," I murmured, rubbing my temple. My head really did hurt.

"I imagine that you are still suffering from the accident." He whistled and motioned someone to come through. Nurse Smith walked in with a small cup of pills and a cup of water. "Maybe these will help." 

Unknown medication to help me? My heart rate kicked up as I glared back at him, not trusting anything I was given. What was in it? A drug to make me pass out? A tranquilizer? A lethal dose of poison? Good thing I could shield my thoughts right now. These people didn't need to peek inside my head.

"I'm not sure if you remember our last conversation. My name is Chase. We are close, and we have a daughter named Sarah. Have there been any new memories, resurfacing?" He stood still as I swallowed the pills, and my gaze followed the nurse. I remember everything. I slowly shook my head and narrowed my eyes before I let my secret be known. "When we last spoke, you woke up and couldn't remember how you ended up here. The both of us traveled here to Sweden, and our daughter is now with your sister. You were trying to run from your husband." No, I wasn't. "You fell asleep after I left, and we haven't spoken since." 

No, we haven't, which was a good thing. The second I woke up and told everyone I couldn't remember anything was just the beginning of my demise. Chase will soon feel the wrath of who I truly am and what I was capable of. I could feel this power growing in me deeply, a rage of fire for him. I was definitely not trying to get away from Amir. He figures that he can brainwash me into thinking that. Think again.

"Do you remember ever getting married? You and Mr. Khan met in Louisiana, where we live in the States, and he conned you into marrying him." I was about to haul off this bed and slap the ever living shit out of him. "You called me one day to help you get away. That is why you were in a forest in Texas, and that's how I found you." 

You asshole. Twisting everything around. 

"You didn't like who he became after you guys got married," he continued, his blue eyes darkening as they stayed focused on mine. "I can't recall that much about your reasoning for leaving him. However, I can help you with other memories, if you'd like." 

I don't think I can stand to hear anymore lies, much less listen to anything that comes out of his mouth. But I had to suck it up and pretend. He wasn't getting a reaction out of me.