24. Dark Side of the Moon {Part 1}

The last three shows were a complete blur. From Oklahoma to Missouri and then to Illinois, I was happy to be heading back to Ohio for the last two shows of the tour. The next six hours of my life to Ohio, though, was a completely different story.

I felt as if I was going crazy.

Ashleigh and I were laying on our bed, scrolling through our phones to find the latest news on social media about anything and everything. Being on a bus for so long, you feel almost disconnected from the outside world.

"Ooh," Ashleigh shifted in bed, closer to me. "Did you see this?" Her phone was now in front of my face, too close to make out what was on the bright screen. I scoffed, pulling her arm away to a suitable distance and stared at her phone.

On the illuminated screen was a pop culture story about some of the country's well-known celebrities. I began to read the article, nosy to find out what it was about.

Our bedroom door cracked open. JP casually walked in, a smile playing on his lips. "Hey guys," he greeted, sitting at the foot of the bed.

I gave Ashleigh back her phone, turning my attention now to the male in the room. "What's up?" I asked.

He shrugged. "I'm getting a little tired of hanging with the guys," he said in a low voice. "We've been on this bus for way too long."

"Nothing you guys aren't used to," Ashleigh piped in.

He nodded, shrugging again. "Yeah, but still - maybe we can take a quick stop at the next service station? I really want a burger too."

I began to laugh, putting the pieces together. "Are you stoned, Rook?"

A grin slowly plastered on his lips. "Possibly," he said finally.

Ashleigh turned to me, stifling a laugh. "He was the messenger - how amusing."

I sighed, smiling. "When's the next service station coming up?"

"Not for miles," a new voice chimed in. I knew the voice. "I told him to at least try waiting until we got closer to the Ohio border, but..." he shrugged.

Kells walked past Rook and sat at my feet on the bed. He grinned at us, pleading like a little child asking for candy.

"Okay, but only if we're stoned too," Ashleigh finally said after a few moments of thinking. "I'll have to talk to Randy and see how far we really are from the next service station."

She jumped off the bed, heading for the front of the bus. I turned my attention back to the boys in front of me. "How many blunts have you guys smoked already?" I asked.

Kells shrugged. "Lost count," Rook said, nonchalantly.

I rolled my eyes, smiling. Boys will be boys.

I followed JP and Kells out of the bedroom. I sat on an empty couch cushion next to Dre as Slim rolled another blunt. Dre was scrolling through his phone beside me on Instagram, double clicking every once in a while whenever he liked what he saw.

"I'm so excited to be heading home soon, man," he said finally, dropping his phone on his stomach. He reached forward, stretching his arms and glanced at me. "First time actually living in Cleveland for you, huh? Like permanently."

I nodded. "Yeah, but it doesn't scare me." I smiled triumphantly as he chuckled.

I finally smelled the familiar scent of marijuana burning as Dub was passed the blunt. He then passed it over to me afterward. From a quick glance, I noticed his bloodshot brown eyes and how low they really were. I giggled at the sight, bringing the blunt to my lips and inhaling.