23. Raise the Flag

"What's this?" I heard Ashleigh asked.

I turned to her, a confused look on my face. In her freshly manicured hands was Henry's business card. I had forgotten that I spilled everything in my purse onto the table when looking for the deodorant for Kells. I bit my bottom lip, unsure of what to say.

"Sage, who the hell is Henry - and why do you have his card?" she reworded her question.

"Well," I really didn't know what to say. "It's sort of a long story."

"Well, you better start explaining."

"It's nothing, Ash," I said as I snatched the card from her hand.

"Bullshit it's nothing," she said, resting her hands on her hips. "We got a while before the guys come back - you better start explaining."

I sighed, rolling my eyes. I began to pick up my belongings from the table and stuff them back in my purse when I heard her foot begin to tap on the ground. I groaned turning to her when I finished.

"Okay," I began. "When we were in Vegas at the club, this guy stopped me. He gave me his card - he wants to have a meeting."

"Meeting for what?"

"He works for Elite, Ash," I sighed, looking at her. "He wants to me to sign a modeling contract."

Her face contorted into various different emotions until her eyes brightened and she grinned. "Sage!" she exclaimed happily. "That's great!" She took a step closer to hug me, but I stopped her.

"Nothing is set in stone. I'm on the fence about it. I'm happy with my life right now - I'm happy with you, the guys, and-"

"And Kells," she finished.

I nodded, sighing again. "I wasn't going to say anything until I had really thought about it. But I have a meeting with him soon - after we get back to Cleveland."

She reached for my arm, smiling. "Why didn't you say anything to me?" she pouted slightly. "I mean, I understand not saying anything to the guys - especially Kells, but me?" She frowned. "I thought we were closer than that; I thought our friendship was different."

I began to shake my head. "No, please don't take it personally," I begged. "I was trying to wrap my head around the idea before I mentioned it to anyone. I needed to get my head on straight first." I smiled at her, grabbing her hand. "You're my best friend - granted I don't have many options..."

We both laughed and her face relaxed as she began to smile.

"But you know what I mean," I said.

She nodded. "Yeah. I didn't mean to corner you and interrogate. I just got worried."

I nodded, understandingly. "Don't worry about. Just keep it between us - for now."

* * *

I walked behind Dre, Baze and JP as they entered our hotel suite; the rest of the crew wasn't too far behind. Once inside, I threw my purse onto the kitchen island, sighing, relieved that tonight was over - well, not necessarily. The night was actually just beginning. I was just glad to be back at the hotel.

"Let's start poppin' these bottles, fam," Dub said as he barged through the door, a bottle of champagne in each hand.

"Let's get it," AJ laughed, trailing after Dub.

Both boys made their way to the living room, along with JP and Slim, who had carried in the rest of the bottles. Following close behind were a group of girls the boys had picked up after the show.