Prologue

"Brace yourselves, this is your eomma and appa's wedding video" My dad tells Jin hee oppa, my dongseng Chung hee and me. It's my parents wedding anniversary and this is kind of our family tradition where we pray together for our family, have a nice dinner and watch the wedding video. Although the video is not in HD it still can't hide how happy my parents look. They steal glances in church and blush like they are on a blind date. Fast forward the video comes to my favourite part here's where I really brace myself. My dad gets up from his seat holds the mic and starts rapping (very unusual and exciting for me to see him like this - my dad graduated from Harvard and established a tech startup in South Korea, although there was a downfall at the beginning the company eventually blossomed to a top conglomerate making my dad a tycoon). In the video he doesn't seem like the dad I know cause he is rapping with a swag and has not a care in the world. My eomma is cheering him from her seat while my grandparents seem a little bit shocked. The video ends with some short and some long cut short speeches of our relatives and family friends. We get up I greet good night and race oppa to my room. The picture of my dad rapping keeps me up all night - I wonder why my dad changes the topic whenever my mom brings up his rapping skills or college.

I sigh and plug in to my iPod and listen to Eminem's 'Lose yourself'.