Ch 05. #Shinhee - Suzuki Akira

"Phew that was great practice in the morning" I say to Ichiko as soon as we enter our room. "I know I can't wait for Saturday! Friday evening we are going shopping, we need matching clothes for us three, I have placed orders for our shirts to print Takoyaki Fighters - mine says manager…..." I nod my head for every sentence she says when Ichiko is incharge she gets very chatty, although she's not part of the performance she has put the same amount of effort. She could do this for a living I think - god she would tire everyone out.

We soon get ready to sleep.

"Tomorrow we are putting up the posters right,thanks to sensei, he traded our early access to school for promotion with his name" I tell Ichiko whose lying on her bed "The poster is great I hope the hoity toity ones don't pass comments on it" I add thinking about a cliché group at our school made up of Honor students and popular students. 

"I don't know about all of them but I think no I am sure of one guy, he might even come to cheer us" says Ichiko.

"Who is that?"

"Come on you know who is that, don't pretend"

"I really have no clue what you're hinting at"

"Think hard"

"Ooh is it that senior guy who borrowed your pen that time, I can tell he has a crush on you"

Ichiko sighs and says

"Aren't you great at turning things? I was helping him, we were basically strangers. Stop laughing I am pointing at Suzuki Akira"

"You have a crush on Akira?" I ask 

"Shinhee we have been best friends for 2 years now. Minato is not here. I just want to know what is it between you two?"

"There is nothing between us"

"Huh! Okay let me give you a list of what I have noticed-

I know Akira since kindergarten he has been the most arrogant guy I have known so far. Till now even the boys at our school used to hesitate to talk to him except for Minato"

"I always wondered what happened between them?" I interrupt her.

"Let me finish first….you don't get to drop this topic.

Girls of our class swoon all over him and he doesn't even care. Even senior girls tried talking to him. Once he got a gift and he threw it straight into the dustbin. On our first practice day he blocked us interrogated to know what we were upto until he saw you and stopped. He smiles at you and even say hello like everyday - this I heard from our class girls who were annoyed. And you seem to talk to him without hesitation. Just cause of Minato I never bring this up but I need to know cause if there is something between you two I don't want it to be a surprise"

"Woah that's the longest you have talked without breathing"

"Sorry Shinhee it's been distracting me. I have seen you both steal glances even during class. It's like your keeping a secret from me"

I give up "Alright I know it's high time but this is going to be between us. You are no way sharing it with Minato. Promise me"

"Okay! My heart is beating fast please tell me you guys are not secretly dating"

"I'll start with that" I say "No Ichiko Akira and I are friends you can say good friends but we are not dating"

"Akira's mother happens to be Korean who belongs to a rich chaebol family in Seoul. His father studied in the same college as mine did. We met during parties. At first even I thought he was an arrogant ass but as time passed we shared similar interests and became friends. My oppa was the one who befriended him first and then he introduced him to me. My father agreed for my transfer on one condition that I join the same school as him. He is my first friend here - he showed me around school the first day and then went away for his tournament. I became friends with you then Minato without knowing any history. When Akira got back I explained to him"

"I don't know what to say!" Says Ichiko 

"I am sorry I didn't want to hurt you guys. I know if he wouldn't leave for his tournament next day things would be different but I am happy that they weren't. I like being with you guys. I never had good friends back at home. All were either interested in talking about what stuff they brought or where they would go for a vacation. I am really sorry"

"Hey! I like us too. You don't have to apologize. Things happen for a reason. By the way, are you really sure Akira doesn't I mean you know has he never made a move on you."

"No Akira and me uh-huh, I am pretty sure we are good friends"

"Just saying" she makes a squeaky sound that I hate "When you first moved here you were clueless that almost all of our class boys had crush on you"

"That's different, I didn't know them" I tell her. She shrugs "well thanks for not keeping it a secret and sorry for being nosy chingu-ya" 

"Well I took one load off my chest thanks for your nosy nose shin'yu, good night" I say and we get back to reading mangas before dozing off to sleep.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Let me know what you guys think of Akira in comment section.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Let me know what you guys think of Akira in comment section

Glossary
Korean term
Chingu - friend
Japanese term
Shin'yu - friend