Ch 13. #Shinhee - Concert

We arrive at Tokyo where the concert is taking place

We arrive at Tokyo where the concert is taking place. The location is filled with so many people wearing fan merchandize, carrying cards, singing fan chants etc. Three of us look like we don't belong there. 

"Woah! Look at the people here" I exclaim. "K-pop is getting globalized day by day" says Ichiko. "I came to listen to share the world song(Song composed for famous anime one piece in Japan)" says Minato "Of course and drop you off at the airport" he winks at me and puts his arm over both of our shoulders.

We enter the dome. It's so huge that I hold Ichiko's and Minato's hand tight. We get directed to our place which is bit far from the stage due to last moment bookings. The concert goes dark and I keep on hearing the fan chant, my heartbeat gets faster as they chants go louder. In few minutes the concert starts. I keep my eyes glued on the stage. 

TVXQ oppas totally win over Japanese fans

TVXQ oppas totally win over Japanese fans. The way they connect with fans through music mesmerizes me. Most of the fans here only speak Japanese and oppas are Korean speaking and singing in Japanese, they also sing few songs in Korean to which the fans sing chorus with them. I just keep looking at the stage that is so brightly lit with so many colored lights. Whole concert takes me to a different place – a happy place where nothing bad can happen.

The confettis blow up once the concert comes to an end. I still can't believe it - I never even looked at what my friends were doing I was so lost kind of happy lost. I feel down that the concert ended. I also got a bit jealous when oppas were wearing mic piece as if it was their body part. 

"Shinhee ya Shinhee ya Shinhee ya" I turn around to see my friends in sweat. "Come on let's go to the hotel get changed have dinner and leave for the airport" says Minato. I nod and like someone hypnotized I keep on looking at the stage till we exit.

"We are definitely going for more of these" says Ichiko when we are back at the hotel room where we dropped my luggage before going to concert. We take shower by turns and wait for the dinner to be served.

"I had so much fun, everyone was jumping at the same time and most of the fans in front knew all of the dance moves" he says. "Shinhee you've been to such concerts before, you never described them to us that they are magical" Ichiko asks.

 "Well you know most of the time I get seated in a box with a window surrounded by bodyguards, it's not the same experience back at home, but today it was the best experience I've had so far" "next time we are going in front" "We can wear disguises as we did today" I tell them and they nod in agreement. We went as Luffy, ace and sabo (characters from one piece). 

"Thank god for manga cosplays, we can get anywhere" says Minato referring to how we convinced our security guards to wear disguise with us and not attract much attention. Belonging to a rich family has its pros and cons as well. Imagine being covered with a wall every time you go outdoors. 

Our school campus has maximum security which gives the three of us some time to breath and our favorite takoyaki place is so close by and popular that the school decided to cover them inside the campus.

"Okay dinner is here" says Minato when there is a knock on our door. We start eating to fill our hungry stomachs and check out from the hotel to head towards airport.

“Oh The Pilot texted me saying we need to wait for an hour” I tell both Ichiko and Minato. “That gives us more time lets go to that café and wait then you can leave once he is ready” says Minato. 

“Just looking at them makes me dizzy” says Ichiko who is afraid of taking flights. She takes sleeping pills while flying. “Then stop looking” I tell her. We order Americano and chat and decide what to do for school festival.

The café doors open and comes a girl somewhat my age crying and dragging her trolley. She seems somewhat our age. She’s glued her other hand to her cellphone.

“May I help you?” asks the waitress. “Yeah One Black coffee just like my life” she replies and cries harder. The waitress passes her tissues and gives her a glass of water. “I am so sorry” says the girl trying to hold her tears now. “I missed my flight you see” she tells her flashing her tickets. “Don’t worry miss you can catch the next one” the waitress tries to console her. “That is the problem – I have to be there on time else I am going to miss one huge opportunity” she says and slams her ticket which falls near my legs. I pick it up to see that she is going to Seoul. She realizes and comes near me “I am so sorry I didn’t mean to throw it your way” she says. I give her ticket back “Hey are you going to Seoul” I ask. She nods “Was actually” she adds “I mixed up my flight timings of 6pm for 9pm and the next flight having seats is super-delayed to tomorrow morning 11am ” she adds sounding frustrated.

“If you don’t mind you can join me in my private jet, it’s scheduled in 30 minutes from now” I tell her “But you will be thoroughly checked by my security guards for my safety” I add. She stares at me “Private jet?” she asks looking surprised. “Her private jet..she belongs to Korean royal family you know” says Minato half-teasing me. “He’s just exaggerating” I tell her immediately “It’s a simple jet not fancy”. 

“Uhmm..Well.. I actually don’t have that much money to pay you for the ride” she says lowering her tone and looking at her feet.

“Oh no that’s fine you don’t have to pay me! It’s a free ride. I saw you crying and wanted to help” I tell her. “Oh thank you so much” she wipes her eyes and introduces herself “I am Kimura Emiko from Kyota, I got scouted to be a K-pop idol trainee by Asteriks Entertainment, if I don’t make it in time they will kick me out of the program. Thank you so much for offering me you help. I will be forever grateful” she says and oh boy I have never seen someone with so much childlike innocence.

“Also I am sure that I will be a K-pop idol and I will make sure to repay your kindness” she adds and smiles. 

“Of course” I say while Ichiko coughs and Minato smirks. She goes to pick up her trolley and hands over her passport and ID to my security guard who checks it thoroughly. 

I don’t know how she will survive in that industry being so naïve but she will definitely win over people I think. ”Okay let’s go” I announce once the check is done and the guard assures that she bears no threat.

We leave the café I look at her – the person who entered crying is now filled with relief and is smiling with hope as she enters the airport. I smile thinking that this trip will be interesting.