Ch 07. #Shinhee - D-Day

"Irasshaimase! we have been waiting for you" greets the cafe owner as soon as we arrive at the cafe-restaurant

"Irasshaimase! we have been waiting for you" greets the cafe owner as soon as we arrive at the cafe-restaurant. He shows us around the cafe. He lets us borrow his cabin for a short practice.

"I didn't know you guys were popular till we saw so many reservations and bookings at once when we announced you will be performing, we are glad you all chose our cafe to promote. Will be asking feedback from our customers after the performance and share them. We still have 2 hours left to open. Take your time to rest and practice. Let me know if you guys want something" he says and leaves us.

"Okay I am scared now, us performing on the street was way different and we just had to look at each other, Ichiko and Minato I think I am feeling nauseous" I tell them feeling overwhelmed with this situation (my heart beats fast). Last time as a joke we both were performing on the streets till people gathered around us and made us known on the internet.

"Shinhee.." says Minato and pauses when he gets interrupted by Ichiko "Lee Shinhee..Close your eyes and take a deep breath and listen to me" she says and since she can be scary I close my eyes quickly. "I don't know why you're so scared when you're the least person who would be even if there is an earthquake. You are going to give your best out there cause I believe in you. Even if you mess up a little it's fine it's not like you do this everyday. Now open your eyes and start rapping else I won't shut my mouth" I open my eyes thanks to her nagging, I feel relieved. We continue to practice one last time before the showdown.

The stage was empty when we headed inside the cafe and now it looks amazing with some cherry blossom and cat statues. Oppa and Chung Hee are sitting in front. Almost all of my classmates have made it, I wonder if sensei had something to do with it. There are other customers too. 

"Will get started in 10minutes" says the cafe owner.

Ichiko grabs mine and Minato's hand whispering"Make your mom proud" and gives us back hug and leaves to take her seat. We slowly start moving behind the stage. "Shinhee this is it!" says Minato and picks up both the mics and gives me one.

"Don't worry I'll be the one doing all the talking, you just have to rap and smile, okay" he says making sure I am fine.

"Good evening customers - first of all I would like to apologize for the limited number of seating. This is the first time our cafe has been so full that we borrowed chairs from the library across the road. I am grateful that Takoyaki Fighters chose our place to perform.

I am not going to take much time and call them on stage - let's cheer them" he says and everyone in the cafe starts clapping and cheering.

We switch our mics to ON.

I follow Minato to the stage. I look at oppa and Chung Hee who are seated with Akira and his friends. They mouth "fighting" to me. "Hello Osaka thanks for coming today, This is Lee Shinhee the rapper and I am Hayashi Minato incharge of beatboxing. We have tried our best to put up performance today hope you'll enjoy it" he says and everyone claps "Oh and there's our manager Nakamura Ichiko whose the backbone of Takoyaki Fighters" he adds "Please a round of applause for her too" and everyone starts clapping. Ichiko takes a small bow. I wouldn't even utter a single word if I was in Minato's place. He winks signalling he is gonna start. 

I close my eyes and the image of my father rapping strikes in my head. I open my eyes and start rapping with hand gestures that rappers usually do. It goes really well when I see the audience who are cheering us and dancing. At first, we perform a mix of all great rap songs. Later, we switch to the song composed by me. When the song ends Minato and I take a bow. We hear "Once more! Once more! TAKOYAKI FIGHTERS! Once more!". "Okay just one song this time" says Minato. "The one that you rapped last" screams someone at the back. "Okay will do that" I say this time. Once we are done we get loud cheers. Oppa and Chung Hee are in awe and shock. I never performed before them never got the chance. Akira waves at him and cheers.

We start bowing for a while and then move behind the stage to meet Ichiko. The cafe owner takes over the stage. We meet Ichiko and hug each other and start jumping."We rocked the D-Day eeepp" she screams. The owner congratulates us for putting up a great show "Thanks for making our cafe popular, We are already receiving positive feedback from the audience, and yes Mr.Lee Jin Hee has sponsored today's coffee for all. Our cafe will always be open for you all for next performances and I will be personally putting all your names on our guest list". 

"Thank you, we will come again" we reply in unison.

I wait for Oppa and Chung Hee to come.

"There is our rapper" Oppa and Chung Hee come and hug me. "Minato your beatboxing was out of this world" and "Ichiko awesome management skills" he adds. "Mom and Dad are so going to regret this good thing I tagged along hyung, Noona you should be a K-pop idol" says Chung Hee and giggles. "Ya you better not tease them more, they would have definitely made it if I could have informed them earlier, I never expected you two to come that's why I told you both to keep it from them" I tell him. "Chung Hee can't keep secrets he told mom when we decided to give you last minute surprise, I had told them we were meeting you since we couldn't last time" says Oppa.

"Lee Shin Hee you were awesome" says Akira who joins us. Minato flinches and excuses himself to visit the washroom.

"Thanks Akira" I reply ignoring Ichiko. " I think we should get going, Minato will catch us up outside the cafe" I tell everyone except for Akira so that he can leave and we can go to Minato's place. 

"Akira why don't you join us? You must know Minato same school and age he has invited us to his place for dinner, I think he'll be fine if you come" says Oppa who has no idea about them and before I say anything Akira replies "Thanks but I think some of my friends our waiting and I promised to hang out with them after the show. But hey as decided will catch up tomorrow" he tells him and leaves us. 

"Well his loss let's go" says Ichiko. We meet Minato and head towards his place for dinner (so want to try authentic japanese cuisine). 

While in car..

I get a text 

Akira - Sorry had to leave without saying bye. Great performance. Jin Hee and Chung Hee are hanging out with me tomorrow. Come along.

I text him back

ShinHee - That's okay. Thanks for coming glad you liked it. They didn't tell me about your plans. Will try.

"Hey stop texting will reach my place in few minutes. I have told my cooks to prepare Korean dishes as well for your brothers" he says smiling at me. I switch my cellphone off "Was just letting Dad and Mom know about today, I am looking forward to eat everything" I tell him and smile back.