~ 8 : Richie ~

Richie was about to walk into his room until he heard the faint sobs of Eddie coming from inside the bathroom. He walked up to the door and placed his hand on it, pressing his forehead against it also. God, you are such a fucking klutz. He said to himself, growing angry. You know how much Eddie hates wine. And your dumbass got it all over him.

Once he heard Eddie's crying stop and the water of the shower turn on, he walked back into his room and slammed the door. He didn't care if he woke his mom up. This was her fault. No, Dad's fault actually. If he wasn't gone so much, she wouldn't drink so much and Eddie wouldn't cry. He flopped onto his bed and put his hands over his eyes. He laid like this for a while, only opening his eyes once he saw Eddie standing at his door.

"Hey." Eddie said with his dirty towel and clothes in his arms.

Richie jumped to his feet and talked so fast it was almost hard to understand him. "Eddie, I'm so sorry. I know you hate wine and it was an accident. If my dad wouldn't leave so much to go on stupid business trips, then my mom wouldn't drink so much. And you wouldn't have gotten fucking wine all over you and your clothes. And I know you liked that shirt and-"

Richie was stopped short. Eddie dropped his clothes and towel, walked up, and embraced him hard. "It's okay, Richie. I'm okay. Everything's gonna be okay." Richie bent down a little to meet Eddie's height and hugged him back. He could smell his shampoo in Eddie's hair and he felt calm. Relaxed even. By just being in Eddie's arms. Eddie's small arms that barely wrapped around Richie's body. He wanted to stay like this forever. But Eddie pulled away.

"It's late," Eddie yawned. "I'm tired, too."

"Oh, right," Richie fumbled over his words. "The air mattress you usually sleep on popped so we're gonna have to share the bed. If that's okay with you."

Eddie gulped and picked his clothes and the towel back up and set them by his backpack. "Yeah, that's fine."

Score! Richie thought. Eddie climbed into bed facing away from Richie and towards the wall. Holy fucking shit! Eddie is in my bed. Richie climbed into bed and took his glasses off, setting them on the nightstand next to his bed. He closed his eyes and tried to sleep.

He couldn't though. He stared up at the ceiling. Thoughts of Eddie and the hug danced around his mind. He turned to face Eddie and saw that he was facing Richie now, eyes closed and snoring softly. Richie turned around completely now, laying on his side just watching Eddie.

With a shaky hand, Richie gently placed his fingers on Eddie's lips. He traced them over and over again imagining what it would be like to kiss him. Eddie's eyes fluttered open and Richie quickly turned around hoping Eddie didn't notice what he had been doing.

"Richie," Eddie said, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. "What were you doing."

Richie sat up on the edge of the bed now, frantically trying to come up with an excuse. "Nothing." He mumbled.

"You're acting weird, Rich."

He chuckled softly. "I know."

"What's going on?"

"I think I'm in love with you." Richie whispered.

"What? I can't hear you."

Richie stood up this time and turned around to face him, fists clenched with tears streaming down his face.

"I'm in love with you, Eddie."