~ 17 : Eddie ~

Eddie jumped awake and started to panic because he was unaware of where he was. He sat up and banged his head against the headboard. He saw Richie jolt awake from where he was sitting on the floor. Richie turned around to look at Eddie who had a panicked expression on his small, freckle face.

"Hey, hey," Richie rushed over to Eddie's hyperventilating body. "It's okay. You're here with me, in my bed, in my house."

"Richie," Eddie hugged his arms tightly around Richie's neck. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have-"

"You did nothing wrong. You did the right thing coming to me, even if you barely reached me." Richie laughed which made Eddie feel comfortable.

Eddie leaned back with his hands folded together against Richie's neck. He leaned in and kissed Richie. "I don't know what I would do without you, Rich."

"I'm just glad I could help." Richie smiled softly and pressed his forehead against Eddie's. Eddie's heart skipped a beat.

He pulled away to look down at his watch and saw that it was three o' clock in the afternoon. School was over. "Wait, I was asleep for the entirety while school was going on?"

"Yeah," Richie ran his fingers through Eddie's hair, throwing the curls around. "It's okay, though. I called all the losers and told them to meet up at the clubhouse so they could bring us our homework and we could all do it together."

Eddie smiled at Richie. "You're amazing, Rich. And I know I should tell you how much I appreciate you more often. I haven't exactly been a great boyfriend to you recently-"

"Are you kidding, Eddie? You're the best boyfriend anyone could ever have! You're so patient and understanding and caring." Richie leaned forward and couldn't stop looking at Eddie's lips. Eddie's heartbeat quickened. Richie grabbed Eddie's thigh and leaned into a kiss. Eddie kissed back, their mouths moving in sync with one another's. Eddie's tongue shot into Richie's mouth so Richie picked Eddie up and switched spots with him on the bed, so Eddie was sitting on top of Richie's lap. Eddie's kisses were getting more and more aggressive.

"Babe," Richie said, pulling away. "As much as I am enjoying this, we need to get going."

Eddie's face flushed a bright red color and he looked away. "Y-yeah right, sorry."

Richie's hand reached up towards Eddie's chin and turned his head so he could look Eddie in the eyes. Richie gave him a small peck on the lips. "You are so fucking cute, Eds."

Eddie giggled and slid off Richie to grab his backpack. They headed out the door together and made their way to the clubhouse. Once they reached the forest and were out of the public eye, they laced their fingers together. They climbed down the ladder and were greeted by Bill, Bev, and Mike.

"Where are Stan and Ben?" Eddie asked quietly.

"They're on their way," Beverly said. "They've been getting oddly close recently. It's like they finally have something in common or something."

Eddie could see Richie smiling but he didn't know why. He obviously knows something I don't, he thought. It didn't bother him, though. Just then the losers turned to see the pair coming down the ladder.

"Hey, guys." Stan said with a small smile on his face, which was rare for the losers to see because he rarely displays it.

"We got everyone shakes!" Ben announced as he pulled out two cup holders filled with milkshakes from behind his back.

"Way to come through new kid!" Bev said, smiling and patting Ben on the shoulder. Ben blushed and handed her a milkshake which made Bill clench his fists and Stanley smile.

Everyone sat around in a circle on the floor of the bunker and talked about their lives, memories, or funny stories. Eddie sat back and started to remember all the things his mom said before he left for school.

"Eddie, are you okay?" Mike asked worriedly, interrupting the chattering of the others. "You're crying."

Eddie didn't even realize the tears streaming down his face until Mike pointed them out. "Shit," he said, wiping them off quickly. "Sorry guys, it's nothing."

Richie grabbed Eddie's hand that was laying on his lap and Bev put her hand on his shoulder. "We're here for you, Eds." She said with a gentle look in her eyes.

Eddie started sobbing uncontrollably. "My mom thinks I have a girlfriend and she said she was glad I wasn't a fag."

The losers all looked at one another and then all huddled around Eddie in a group hug.

"I'm in love with someone I can't have." Stan said, his voice muffled because everyone was still huddled up together.

"Me too." Ben said.

"I finally got my first girlfriend and I'm terrified I'm going to mess it up." voiced Mike.

"I st-still have night-nightmares about G-Georgie." Bill stuttered.

"I keep thinking my dad is going to come back and hurt me." Bev said with a shaky voice.

"My parents are getting a divorce." Richie said in a rush hoping the losers wouldn't hear him. Unfortunately, they all did.

"Chee, why didn't you tell us?" Eddie asked as all of the losers pulled apart to look at Richie.

"You guys all have your own shit to deal with and I didn't want to tell anybody because I didn't want to make you guys seem like you had to drop everything to care about me I guess. I don't want to make your guys' lives worse with my stupid problems is what I'm trying to say."

"Richie," Mike said looking at Richie's averting eyes. "Your problems are no less important than ours. Divorce is a big deal. When did you find out?"

"Last night," Richie choked, swallowing the lump in his throat. "They told me at dinner. And the thing is, I knew they were going to split up. I knew because my mom constantly drinks and my dad is never home. And when they are both together they fight nonstop. It still hurts, though. It's fucking stupid-"

"It's not stupid, Richie!" Stan said with force. "What's happening to you is something no one should have to go through. And you shouldn't worry about making our problems seem less significant."

"Y-yeah, Rich. We are all h-here for you." Bill said smiling softly at Richie.

"Thanks guys but I think I should go. C'mon, Eddie." Richie said, smiling weakly as he headed back up the ladder.

"Sorry guys." Eddie whispered, feeling guilty that he made everyone sad.

Richie was walking a few steps ahead of him and fast so he had to jog slightly to catch up.

"Richie," He said from behind Richie. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"Because, Eddie!" Richie yelled, making Eddie flinch. "It's not something you are inclined to know. And plus I was going to tell you on the way to school but you had your thing so there was no right time!"

"I'm sorry I-"

"God, can you stop fucking saying sorry?" Richie slumped down on the ground, balling his hands into fists in his hair. "It's not even your fault. Maybe they wouldn't divorce if I wasn't who I am."

Eddie walked over to where Richie was crouched on the floor. He sat down in front of him. "Richie, look at me. It's not your fault. Sometimes things just don't work out. It's not your fault, Baby."

Eddie was knocked over by the force of Richie's embrace. He giggled slightly and stroked Richie's dark hair. "I love you, Richie. So much it hurts."

"I'm sorry for yelling. I love you, too, Eddie Spaghetti. More than anything."