~ 11 : Mike ~

Mike headed home by himself after meeting with the losers. I wish I had the confidence Richie and Eddie had, He thought. If I did, maybe I could finally ask Leona out.

Leona was the girl who recently moved into a building not too far from Mike's grandfather's farm. Him and her would often ride their bikes together and count the stars with each other. Mike really liked her, but didn't know if she liked him back. Maybe, if their date goes well, I'll ask her out on one.

He parked his bike in the barn by the pig pen and carefully leaned over the edge to look at the piglets.

"They're so cute, Mikey," a voice said from behind him. He turned around and saw Leona. She was about Eddie's height so 5'2", had brown hair, tan skin, beautiful green eyes, and freckles dotting her nose. "Did you raise them yourself?"

Mike blushed slightly caught off guard by her angelically soft voice. "Oh, yeah. I helped her give birth 'cause it was hard for her to push. You probably don't wanna hear the next part."

"Mikey, I lived on a farm my whole life. So fourteen years? I've seen some things, too, you know?" She smiled teasingly.

Mike rubbed the back of his neck embarrassed. "Oh, yeah. Sorry."

"You are such a dork, Mikey." She grabbed his hand and led him outside. The sun had just started to set. "Wanna watch the sunset?"

"Of course, Leo." Mike helped Leona onto one of the rolled hay stacks and then climbed up himself. They sat closely to each other and Mike could feel his heartbeat quicken. She leaned her head and placed it on his shoulder. He felt like his heart was going to explode.

"Mikey?" Her voice was soft. "Do you like me?"

Mike's heart stopped. "I do. I'm sorry. I know we have such a good friendship and I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable-"

She turned his face towards her slowly. "Mikey, I like you, too." She pulled him in and they shared a soft kiss. Mike's first actually. He lifted his hand and set it on her inner thigh. When they pulled away, they smiled at each other wildly. Leona returned to her original position head still on Mike's shoulder. Mike slowly lowered his head on top of hers as they watched the sun set off the horizon.

a/n: this chapter and the next chapter are a little short and kinda bad because they are kind of like fillers for the story. also they help explain some things too lol. furthermore, Leona is not my original character. i got the name from the story Wait for It, i just came up with the description of her.