Een.

Chapter One.

Everywhere was dim lighted, Zara was dressed to impress in a baby pink silk dress. Her face glowing, her lips coated with dark red lip stick, a faint blush coating her cheek. She was a sight truly to behold, a beauty loved by millions even if she were a mystery to all but one.

"Ready?" Her voice smooth and poise.

"Yes, Zee. The cameras are ready to roll. You?" Her friend Stacey inquired.

She slipped her mask on and walked in front of the white canvas, she was ready.

"I'll take that as a go ahead."

They snapped and snapped picture, all of different poses, she changed a few times and then they were done. Her last shot being in a sea blue gown that spelt elegance and modesty.

"Done." The camera flashed light as Stacey snapped the picture. Zara stood straight almost immediately, her bones snapped into place from the complex pose she had taken but she loved it. She loved having her pictures being taken, being on billboards, being on magazine covers and overall she loved playing dress up. She couldn’t put into words how much she loved modelling, she loved it alright.

"Zee, you coming or not?" Zara snapped out of her thoughts to see Stacey had turned off the lights and had packed up.

"I'll meet up with you later. I am waiting for someone."

"Will he come?"

"Only one way to find out."

"Suit yourself. Say hi for me and do get me an autograph, Zara."

"Sure. Just make sure I get two tubes of ice cream, you know my favourite flavour."

"I envy you, you know. Not all girls eat ice cream like you do and still have the perfect figure."

"Genes, it's my genes."

She swings the door open. "Peace out." Stacey slammed the door close behind her and Zara was left alone in the silence.

She smiled and then she started recited the lines they had written together as she spins around in circles.

We started as friends
We moved on to lovers
And now there is no end
Because we are made for forever.
Every step I'll be holding your hand
Even if there's a gap
I'll build the bridge
And then we'll stand together.

You're my beauty
As well as my flame
And just like a moth
I always come running.
I can't escape you even if I wanted
I Can't avoid you…
She felt someone behind but she didn't stop nor did she fear, she knew who it was and even if she lost her sight she would still know how Lucien's touch felt; ticklish, warm and shocking.

They continued to recite the lines by heart, together.

I thirst for you,
I crave you
cause you're my better half.

With my wings
I'll flock towards you.
We are connected by a string
We are inevitable
Cause you're my better half
And I'll always want you.

"I'll always want you..." Lucien repeated as he slowly turned her around. "Zara."

She smiled at him. "Lucien, the angel after my heart. You came and you flew here as well." She said as she caressed his gold feathers with her fingers. "I haven't really stretched my wings since I had a photo shoot with them in the open." She said as she absentmindedly played with his feathers.

"Nothing is stopping you, my friend. It's night, it's risky but we are together. So stretch your wings so we might fly the entire night as we recite poems."

"Okay." She willed her wings out, pristine white feathers came out from her back and for once she was happy about her dress having an open back.

"shall we, my friend?" She asked as she stretched out her hand for Lucien. He held her and they walked toward the large window and jumped down without a care in the world that it was through the glass.

They spent the night in the sky, reciting poems to each other till dawn, just like old times.