Nineteen

Text Twenty.

It had been three months since he saw her eyes open, since he spoke to her.

He had read to her, talked to her, held her, did everything but nothing. He wished he could hear her speak once again, see the light in her eyes but all he had gotten used too was silence and he hate it.

He was able to publish his book though he wanted to wait but his contract bound him to do his duty.

So here he sat in his study, pondering over the affairs of his painful life and thinking of when she would wake up.

Veronica barged into his office without knock and in tow followed her sister, Amalia.

"Ever heard of knocking, Veronica?"

She smirked before sitting on a chair in front of his desk and propping her legs on his desk. "Not when it comes to my favorite prince. Where's your head at?"

Her voice rang in his head.

He shook his head before speaking. "Things." He answered vaguely.

"So, we're here to talk about the meeting with the council, well that's Amalia's job. I simply tagged along."

His gaze fleeted to Amalia's. "Amalia?"

"Your majesty, the discuss of the council was on territory, fights between the factions, the witches and the vamps."

Lucien shot Veronica a questioning gaze. She looked up from filing her nails.

"What? It was all about a simple cat fight. I simply took the vamp for a much needed dental session."

Lucien cringed. "Veronica, that was bad."

"I did it for free and I'm bad? Seriously Lucien."

"No pressure. Amalia do continue."

"Sir, the werewolves just have squabbles in some of their factions. Alpha King Oliver should probably be handling that since it's getting out of hand. I saw him at the meeting, he told me to inform you of your meeting together."

"Yeah." He glanced at his watch, a gift from Zara on their first year of fame. "I will be leaving soon. Anything else?"

"Ehm…" Amalia shuttered. "Sir, the council want the Angel faction… they want…"

"They want you to pick a queen and stop sending assistants to the council meeting." Veronica blurted out without a care.

"I am sorry, sir. I told them I would inform you."

"Amalia, it's not your fault. It is okay. I better head for my meeting then." He said as he stood to his feet.

"Leave us, Amalia." Veronica ordered as she sat up. "Lucien I want to talk to you."

Amalia's footsteps padded towards the door which she closed with a soft click leaving both Veronica and Lucien alone.

"Are you okay?"

"I've been better."

"True. You know in our years of being close friends, I have been able to decipher you a bit. Lucien, you're not well, you are worried, tired, alone and sad. You are keeping everything bottled. It's not good, so vent it out, destroy the room if you have to just don't keep doing this to yourself." She said as she patted him on the shoulder and left him alone.

Lucien let his emotions lose; the anger, the frustration, the disappointments, the thought of not seeing her again, talking to her, making her laugh, teasing her, soaring through the skies along with her. He let it all out and when he was done the room was in ruins.